Wishes

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well this morning I was wishing and hoping I'd find something great to post but ... it was not to be. I did however, get a lot of hits so that was much better than my usual hunts. I went to a real "trashy" beach this morning. I knew it was trashy I've been told this many times before but I was getting to tired of hunting and not hearing any signals so I figured why not. Well I certainly got my fill of signals this morning. Lots of beer caps - most are in real bad shape. Lots of pull tabs, lots of little metal pieces, a small sinker, a small handful of clad - also in real bad shape, and a Chuckie Cheese token. This is my third of these. I also found a long wire-looking thing that was stuck in a metal thing and when it pulls out it was needle sharp on the end. I carefully put it away because I did not want that back in the water. Unfortunately when I did I broke it about 3 inches down. I thought it was a sparkler at first but now I don't think so. Anyway it is out of the water and no one will step on it. I also thought I had a cheap ring but.... that was not to be either. It turned out to be one of those cheap wire things you put a key on.

Here are a few pictures. I'm sorry they are not too good but the finds are not that great anyway. I just like to post pictures since I am always complaining that YOU guys don't post enough I figured I had better do what I want others to do. LOL

Junknmoney1021082.jpg

Junknmoney1021081.jpg

Junknmoney1021085.jpg

Chuckie102108-1.jpg

My total clad for today was $1.31 so I did real good - for me. I didn't get tired and I really wanted to keep going but.... I have reasons why I have to get home by noon. I had a great day this morning and can't wait to get back out there tomorrow morning. I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
looks like you did ok , got out and cleaned up the beach anyway I 'm of the mind that you got the trash out of the way so it will be easier to find the loot that has to be there. I hope all is good in Mumszie world :icon_sunny:

Take care Acevillav

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Hey you got more than your 4 quarters, got a great rat token and didn't have to suffer a silent machine! Sounds like a decent day! ;D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Could your mystery item have been a metal blowgun that has corroded almost completely away? Does the large part of is have a hole that runs all the way through, perhaps just filled up with gunk?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yes it does have a hole in it. Strange item but I wasn't going to leave that sharp thing in the water for some one to step on. People just don't have any sence now days and STILL go barefooted at the beach and in the water. If only they saw some of the things we take out of the water and off the beach!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mumszie said:
Yes it does have a hole in it. Strange item but I wasn't going to leave that sharp thing in the water for some one to step on. People just don't have any sence now days and STILL go barefooted at the beach and in the water. If only they saw some of the things we take out of the water and off the beach!
Good for you, Mumzie! Too bad everyone doesn't realize the good we do, huh?

Yeah, I think that may be a piece of a blowgun, but it's strictly a guess. Nice finds!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad your out there and I have the feeling that all your hard work is going to pay off for you soon. I firmly believe that something really nice is soon to be found by you.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just being able to get out and do some digging is fun for me. Some times these trashy beaches turn up something good because nobody is digging anything or disc out the good stuff. It may be there yet......... :thumbsup:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Looks like you had a productive hunt, way to go! But more importantly, I am thrilled to hear you are able to hunt longer and stronger. Keep up the good work :).

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember every sharp item we remove from the water is one less item a child could step on and get hurt, always makes those trash pieces seem more valuble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread