Wishful thinking or does anyone else see something here...

Do What

Greenie
Oct 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site is an area near what I have thought for many years to be a possible gravesite. Thing is, after recently returning to my old interest in treasure hunting and hitting the web, you guys have made me take another look. That "gravesite" is actually a mound of stones within a circle. One of many in the immediate area. Today, after some metal detecting nearby, we went for another look. Do you guys see any possibilities here or am I just dreaming? I'd appreciate input pro or con. Happy huntin' :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• gravesite.d.jpg
    gravesite.d.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 272
  • ngs.a.jpg
    ngs.a.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 266
  • ngs.c.jpg
    ngs.c.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 260
  • ngs.g.jpg
    ngs.g.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 255
  • ngs.k.jpg
    ngs.k.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 245
  • ngs.m.jpg
    ngs.m.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 271

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will see alot of stone piles throughout the forest in VA and KY, They were used for hearding/driving cattle through the woodland,Alot of times thats why you see recurring stone mounds spread out over 100 or so acres of woodland,Signs of a long forgotten pasture.But the question proposed by austin is a valid one,Without knowing where you are located,Its anyones guess what those could be.

OP
OP
Do What

Do What

Greenie
Oct 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys... I'm in Oklahoma.
There is only the 1 pile of stones in this particular area. The others are only circles without a mound.

Last edited:

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oklahoma? Could be Spanish or KGC. They both used heart rocks. the rock with the hole in it looks like a site rock. One of the other rocks looks like a marker rock. It looks like somebody has already worked that site and moved stuff around. Its hard to tell what you have without knowing the history of the area. Have you hit it with a MD? I would lay out a grid and work it with a two box just to see if you get a hit.

OP
OP
Do What

Do What

Greenie
Oct 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wondered if possibly Spanish or outlaw. The Spanish were recorded to have been in this area. So were the French. Did they use some of the same signs/symbols? We haven't had any hits in this particular area with the md yet. Still working it. Would love to hit it with a 2 box but don't have access to one yet.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spanish and KGC were both in Oklahoma. The heart rock is what really got my attention. Also look for rabbits and turtles. Used by both the Spanish and the KGC. If there is a cache around its probably going to be 3-6 ft deep so a regular MD won't get a hit. You definitely need a two box or a pulse induction unit. If you know anybody with a White Sierra Madre with a 15 inch coil ( we have one) you can get a read down to about 5 ft on a large target like a cook pot or something. If you have a friend with an LRL try that also.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area you are in, is it located in hills or mountains? I am thinking an old camping site, maybe cub scouts.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of history in Oklahoma and you're not dreaming. Maybe Santa Fe Trail? I don't know bout KGC, but spanish is possible. Give it a go and then let us know. Hope you are very successful...

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pile that I found a couple of years ago in central Nevada. Definitely looks like a heart in the pile to me, with many other worked stones around it. Can you tell if the pile has been disturbed in recent history? I would get a much, much closer look at the heart, (as the one I found had a map actually cut into it). The map had been eroded so badly that I had to wait until dark and shine a flashlight along the edges to make it out. The other stones in the pile may have been worked also...possibly pointers. Don't give up on the pile if you feel it is out of place! On another note, a pile of stones that we found near the heart stone were in the shape of a turtle with two front flippers, a head, and tail. When the turtle was used in conjunction with the map on the heart, it directed us to a massive stump that was carved in to a skull shape. The skull actually had the rest of the map on it.
Don't remove any of the stones, or valuable information could be lost forever! Good luck and good hunting...

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site is an area near what I have thought for many years to be a possible gravesite. Thing is, after recently returning to my old interest in treasure hunting and hitting the web, you guys have made me take another look. That "gravesite" is actually a mound of stones within a circle. One of many in the immediate area. Today, after some metal detecting nearby, we went for another look. Do you guys see any possibilities here or am I just dreaming? I'd appreciate input pro or con. Happy huntin' :icon_thumright:

Do what ,you have many letters on the heart.I can't blow it up but you may have something.What state are you in?
Take Care
TOM

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems more like KGC to me. Jesse James buried lots of treasure in OK, and he was definitely KGC. It looks like you have two hearts. The smaller one seems to have some carving on it, but I can't tell whether the larger one does or not. The pile of rocks may likely have been a general trail marker. I can't tell where the rock with the hole in it is in relation to the pile of rocks, or where the hearts are in relation to it either. If you put a stick into the hole in the rock, it may point you to another marker. Those old rebels also carved in tree trunks, so you might want to look higher up in some of the surrounding trees. If you find a sign that looks like an anchor, it will be the Jesse James crew that may have been there. However, I think you are close to whatever is hidden. A heart is the one clue that tells you there is treasure near by. But, it may also have already been found. One thing people don't think about is that holes can't be hidden very easily. The ground always settles as dirt compacts with ground water and time, so look for depressions that may be out of character for the area you are in.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oklahoma? Could be Spanish or KGC. They both used heart rocks. the rock with the hole in it looks like a site rock. One of the other rocks looks like a marker rock. It looks like somebody has already worked that site and moved stuff around. Its hard to tell what you have without knowing the history of the area. Have you hit it with a MD? I would lay out a grid and work it with a two box just to see if you get a hit.

Sometimes rock piles were made to mark property lines.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being raised in the country on an active farm has me agreeing with the campfire and property marker ideas. We have also piled them like that just to consolidate them since they are a nuisance and then used them in other places for erosion control. These are only my opinion but I'm hoping none of them are right so that you may find something good. Stay safe and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread