What's new

Witness Trees

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,763
Reaction score
35,456
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
Thanks Terry! I enjoyed that!
 
Thanks for sharing that Terry. Gettysburg is a humbling place to visit.
 
I was reading an article yesterday about historic trees. This place let's you buy descendants of some. An interesting idea. https://americanheritagetrees.org/

As a pen maker I've found out that there is wood available from several witness/historic trees, but it ain't cheap.
 
Terry, Thanks for sharing the Witness Tree video with us. Very interesting indeed. That is something to stand in front of these trees and know that they were standing and bore witness to some of our Country's most important History. If they could speak, the stories that they could tell. One of my favorite CW bullet finds was a Minnie ball lodged in a small piece of wood I dug about 10 inches down in middle Georgia some years back. It is amazing that these witness Trees have not only survived the number of years that they have, but that they survived the battles back then with all the lead and iron flying about. Amazing.
 
Very Cool!

Kace
 
Terry, thank you. This is probably my favorite of all the posts you've made here. I am by birth a tree guy.

Here's my tree:

Mar24_01.webp

It is estimated, this Beech tree, to be over 500 years old. The oldest in the nation is dated at least 560 years old.

May it make it to 1,000 years old. Far beyond my time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom