Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bilde.jpg

SALINAS, Calif. (AP) — A California woman was reunited with her classic Ford Mustang nearly 30 years after it was stolen, when a man tried to register the muscle car at a Department of Motor Vehicles office.

Lynda Alsip said she couldn't ask for a better Christmas present than the return of her forest-green 1967 Mustang, the Monterey County Herald reported Monday

Woman Reunited With Car Stolen Nearly 30 Years Ago - ABC News

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad that whomever was taking care of it for her kept it in good shape. I hope they spent a WHOLE LOT of money on it right before it was taken from them and given to the original owner! HAHAHA

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Mike

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Funny these cars Show up & they weren't Chopped , Wrecked, or simply used to death.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thief probably wasn't the person that tried to register it. They probably bought it off the person that had the stolen car sitting in their garage for thirty years. They likely bought it all junky looking, then restored it. When they went to make it legal to drive, they got spanked.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Mike

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was about to buy a Shelby Cobra in a barn and on blocks 25 years ago.
Supposedly an old race car that had never been titled. No paperwork no purchase.
I believe it turned up stolen for someone else. Then returned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread