Women's Club Pre-sale - personal coffee server?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I hardly go out anymore and haven't had much luck this year, which I why I have not been posting.

However, I did get invited to a Women's Club Pre-sale in a very wealthy area.

There was a massive table of silver items which I assumed was mostly plate. I skipped it and went for the jewelry. I found out later, the table was all sterling and the "plate" was elsewhere.

However, I did quite well with the jewelry. After the jewelry, I found a few below spot sterling items (some massive pieces had already been sold cheap). At the plate table I did really well:
- 10 coin silver spoons for $15
- a large sterling goblet
- and the item below....there are no marks except a "1" on the bottom. It's 3 pieces and engraved A.S.O. October 2. 1918 (All three pieces are engraved, but the small top piece, is engraved A.S.C, I assume this is a mistake)

The lady at the sale said if was for coffee and the top part was for the cream. Anyone know exactly what this was used for. All three pieces weigh 252g

thank you!

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Looks like a double-boiler style.
I’d guess to melt chocolate while milk is heated in larger pot. May be a cream warmer too, I guess.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a double-boiler style.
I’d guess to melt chocolate while milk is heated in larger pot. May be a cream warmer too, I guess.
So, I was thinking the same thing but doesn’t really look like typical double boiler. Also there are 3 places to add stuff. Main pitcher with spout, cup on top with is about 1.75” deep, and then lid which is about .5” deep. This really think this is some type of specialized item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread