What's new

Wood boat covered in gold

Dannyjuvel

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Norrköping
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I have this golden ship that looks like an egyptian artifact, ceremonial boat from ancient egypt. Things missing tho but I would like to know if this is an orginal or a new made copy, looks old.
 

Attachments

  • 20171027_053549-1.webp
    20171027_053549-1.webp
    255.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 20171027_011520.webp
    20171027_011520.webp
    997.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 20171027_011630.webp
    20171027_011630.webp
    455 KB · Views: 231
  • 20171027_011605.webp
    20171027_011605.webp
    539.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 20171027_053647.webp
    20171027_053647.webp
    770.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20171027_054222-1.webp
    20171027_054222-1.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_2017-10-27-12-16-49.webp
    Screenshot_2017-10-27-12-16-49.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_2017-10-27-11-42-42.webp
    Screenshot_2017-10-27-11-42-42.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_2017-10-27-02-20-24.webp
    Screenshot_2017-10-27-02-20-24.webp
    119.8 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 4
Looks like a replica to me. Don’t bet on it though, wait for the pros.
 
BuffaloHunter;55[ATTACH=CO[ATTACH=CONFIG said:
1511271._xfImport[/ATTACH]NFIG]1511263[/ATTACH]89120171031_233453.webp20171031_233453.webp71]Looks like a replica to me. Don’t bet on it though, wait for the pros.

It look both replica and identical with other, this Boat is missing , where oars is missing, there is a brick with four holes, exactly as the orginal, and the front box cover. Also the top of the ship's mast is same. The cracks in the wood under the boat is same, knots is same, same thread's boundings on sail, sailcloth too.. it need to be seen in RL. I will post a detailed video later . Camera flash gives wrong colour
http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/record.aspx?id=1579420171031_233420.webpe8d648567754f7d9ece4cfbf485ed29a--ancient-egypt.webp2 Luxor Museum model boat WEB.webp2017-10-31 23.38.44.webp2017-10-31 23.36.30.webp2017-10-31 23.39.40.webp20171031_233430.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20171031_233445.webp
    20171031_233445.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The neoclassic period was booming in the mid 19th century. This could easily be a handmade piece from that period of time. Egyptology was very popular back then, still is. It is a beautiful piece.
 
It is old, but definitely not an original from King Tut's tomb. I'd wager it was made between the discovery of the rich tomb's contents in the early 20s and WW2, a souvenir item for the surge in tourism generated by the discovery and global renewal of interest in ancient Egypt.
 
e8d648567754f7d9ece4cfbf485ed29a--ancient-egypt (1).webp2 Luxor Museum model boat WEB (1).webp
I can hear what you saying guys, i dont say it is from any grave or ancient egypt. I need you guys help me identify this thing. Those two cermonial model boats, Luxor and from thutankamon(1 of 45), over 2500years old, looks pretty 'new made' huh?
 
Alright. Here is some.

"Hello


Thanks for your mail!


It is undoubtedly an old Egyptian ceremonial game. However, I think it lacks special value because it lacks several major parts."


Mvh / Bo Tellström
Screenshot_2017-11-01-18-22-14.webp
 
I'm inclined to believe this is a replica, but that's just my opinion. One thing you could try is to test with a gold test kit to see if it's really gold or not. If not, I would say for 100% certain it's a replica, because a real piece from ancient Egypt would not have anything to mimic gold, it would be the real-deal. If it turns out to be real gold...well I would certainly change my opinion and start leaning the other way to perhaps it could be authentic.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Wormslicer. Im being frustrated becouse most of all auctioneer's online tell me the same. "We can't help you with any information about it." Even in Sweden, they say i need find experts, but For **** Sake count this an 'High Priority Historical Treasure' and get someone with knowledge and intrests and start a intensive-research , and get this Boat to an museeum. If an replica,, i can keep my precious safe... Not with this ignorant intrests in historical things , notScreenshot_2017-11-02-12-56-24.webp even help me.. or lame tips and ideas...
 
Last edited:
You got a nice older replica here. It is definatly not an original.

PS: You can see some egyptian orignals in my gallery.
 
That's a neat piece. About 3 or 4 years ago they exhibited the Treasures of King Tutankhamun at the Denver museum. I went and was so excited to get some pictures. They had strict rules saying NO PICTURE S. and you'll be put out if you do take any pictures. What a bummer I thought. That got me thinking I need to get me some of these camera glasses.
 

Attachments

  • spy-eyewear-glasses-camera-full-hd-1080p.webp
    spy-eyewear-glasses-camera-full-hd-1080p.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 122

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom