What's new

Working a new site, could only find pennies until today...

Nick A

Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
657
Reaction score
153
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
well old pennies, nice and deep in dark black soil... 1890, 1906, 1907, 1911, 1912, 1915D... the 1911's look like they were dropped when they were new.

So, I'm thinking... where's the silver? How about a nickel even?

Fourth trip back to the site, (probably 12+ hours invested there total) finally... silver, and a nickel. Two ladies who have been close together for at least 80 years, I'd guess.

Using my CZ3D, salt mode, stock coil, "presets" - GB 5, Sens 3. But... volume at 1, and RatPhone headphone volume at max. Really enhances the deep coin signals. Deep and old stuff sounds deep and good, even if there is a little iron bounce.

As they were in the hole...
100707_001crop.jpg

Separated...
100707_004_crop.jpg

100707_005_crop.jpg

Lightly cleaned...
100707_010_crop.jpg

100707_012_crop.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice double find to break the penny "curse". I hope you let those 2 sleep together at night, they will proboably get lonely if they are apart ;)
 
Nice finds AT-- those Barbers are a treat.
 
they look great,real nice
 
Wow! That's a great little spill.
 
Mate those coins are in stunning condition, I must say the soil has been very kind to them. Good on you too for persevering.
 
Hi:

Got to ask how do you like your CZ-3d? My wife got me one and I am still learning how to use it. Once I get use to it then I think that this will be a great machine.
 
Nice finds. That corrosion is the result of electrical energy flowing between the coins as they lay together all those years. You can tell they were brand new when they were dropped. I once found a Barber half and a V nickel that were stuck together like that. Unfortunately, I ruined the coins trying to get them apart. You did a better than I did.
Bob
 
Very cool.
I think it's safe to say the penny curse is broken. :)
Great hunt!

DD
 
Nice barber and V nickel. That barber got some vicarious corrosion from the nickel didn't it. Love those early pocket spills. I have still yet to find one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom