1 020.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 675
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
stoney56 said:
Mainly .22s. Most were live rounds around playground equip. Don't know the idea about home schooling, if parents don't have the sense to keep ammo away from kids then how intelligent would they be on schooling the same kids?
I apologize for the above comment. I understand not every round came from homes but kids in general are very curious and like to show off. most are probably brought as schoolyard show and tell & are not meant for malicious use. I caught one kid near the house playing with a shotgun shell. He was holding it and trying to hit the end with a hammer. A W*&^ the f@#$ came out and I grabbed the hammer just as parent came out and started cussing at me till I showed him what was going on. Found out shell came from kid's friend-parent didn't even own a gun. Was a month before saw kid again.
All I'll say on subject is I'm running very low disc. on playground and around equip. hoping to PU any loose rounds I can.

Tom E IL

Greenie
Feb 1, 2005
Manito IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Gold, Ace 250, CZ3D, F75
There is no problem,I have found ammo everywhere.So let me get this right,people want to tell school that theres guns and ammo in there yards.This is stupid,there are more cars driving by you with guns,ammo and othere things that are more harm to you then this school thing.People need to get a life and stop making it out that ALL kids have guns.If more things are done on the drugs that are out there and hang the drugs dealer up and the people that use them.I think the drug problem is more out of controll then the ammo thing.So all of go ahead and tell the schools that theres ammo in there yeads and they kick us out so we cant hunt, we are loosing places to hunt because of some people saying this BS stuff. GET A LIFE AND WORRY ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU FIND A AMMO DUMP AT THAT SCHOOL TELL SOME,WHEN YOU FIND ONE 22 SHELL THEN SHUT UP AND MOVE ON DO MAKE A PROBLEM OUT OF NOTHING.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Tom E IL said:
There is no problem,I have found ammo everywhere.So let me get this right,people want to tell school that theres guns and ammo in there yards.This is stupid,there are more cars driving by you with guns,ammo and othere things that are more harm to you then this school thing.People need to get a life and stop making it out that ALL kids have guns.If more things are done on the drugs that are out there and hang the drugs dealer up and the people that use them.I think the drug problem is more out of controll then the ammo thing.So all of go ahead and tell the schools that theres ammo in there yeads and they kick us out so we cant hunt, we are loosing places to hunt because of some people saying this BS stuff. GET A LIFE AND WORRY ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU FIND A AMMO DUMP AT THAT SCHOOL TELL SOME,WHEN YOU FIND ONE 22 SHELL THEN SHUT UP AND MOVE ON DO MAKE A PROBLEM OUT OF NOTHING.
Tom, there's no talk about reporting the ammo to school officials! It's just like detecting at the beach and picking up nails and glass. It's a safety consideration that we're refering to and we all were just posting things found on school grounds. I do agree that the DRUG issue is more important. In fact, yesterday on the news the police came into a grade school with a drug dog demonstration. The dog started doing his search and keyed onto a student in the audience-after checking the hit, they recovered a bag of marijuana in the kid's pocket and he was not part of the test. Suspension followed right after that with whatever other charges pending.

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
find plenty of bullets up here in new york. ive found every calibur you could think of. also find knives on some outings. found a few with the blade open in sand playgrounds and in the water. sick people out there

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
it's kind of ironic that its always the kids who weren't allowed to even have toy guns when they were kids, that are shooting up the schools.
the same goes for drugs, not one of the school shooters were involved with drugs.

beware of that shy,clean cut, quiet kid in the corner, he's gonna snap ;) .

Pat.

D

Darod

Boy, so many cans of worms have been opened in this post.

I commented before and I won't go back to those comments,...we're all flogging a dead horse here, actually, many dead horses from the looks of it.

The bottom line,...and I'm sure you all will agree,...you'll find ammo, slugs, shell casings just about anywhere and everywhere, schools included, for whatever reason.

Let's not single out the schools as the only place these things are found (I'm not saying that's what we're doing in this post) because that would be a silly statement, wouldn't it :)

I've found these things at schools, lakes, parks, beaches, in the middle of town right next to busy streets, etc. It means nothing, nothing at all.

Just keep your kids educated. Remember, guns don't kill people,...people kill people!

Rod

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
OK everyone. Heated discussion! I found several spent casings on the soccer field I've been gridding at the high school. At first I thought "What idiot would fire a weapon here?" Then I realized that all that sod started out somewhere else. When's the last time you saw a football field grow from seed? Sod farms are usually huge acreages in some very isolated places. The perfect place to do a little targeting with a pistol. As for the live ammo, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe a little of all the opinions above hold true. I just know that I was raised to believe a firearm was just another tool....A tool to kill. If you pick up a shovel, you dig a hole. If you picked up a firearm, you knew what the job was! Not all kids are raised that way unfortunately, especially kids in the city that never get a chance to understand this ethic. I just thank God that you guys are finding these live rounds and not some poor ignorant kid with a ball peen hammer!!! Keep findin' everybody~CO2 ;)

R

rixdfx

i found a 30-06 live round in the middle of a little league football field last year, down about 4 inches...imagine that....

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Well, I know in my kid's elementary school they consciously look for firearms and have a full time officer on duty (plainclothes) so I feel relatively safe on that front.? What has been really bugging me lately is the amount of beer cans, bottle tops and wine tops I have been finding on the playground.? Mind you, this school only goes up to 5th grade.? I was no Prince in school, but I wasn't trying the sauce until Jr High and HS.? I know there are a few older kids that frequent the area after dark, but with the amount of stuff I'm finding, it sure makes ya think.? Times they are a changing, for sure.

Tom E IL

Greenie
Feb 1, 2005
Manito IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Gold, Ace 250, CZ3D, F75
I found pull-tabs and some Miller lite bottle caps at a school maybe we should see if kids are drinking! Just kidding, I am sorry if I got some people upset, I think some people make a big deal out of nothing. What if someone stubbles on to this by a search and then they go to someone and say,? I read on the net that people are finding guns, ammo and drugs at our schools?. We all know that everything grows every time someone tells it. Like I said I am sorry about the post. I just got upset when I read someone calling the schools and telling then this, hats the way I took it. After rereading I understand people talking about finds. There is a PC that sends out a memo whenever some words are used in emails, IMs, fourms and other spots on the net. Look this yourself, I don?t know the name of the type of unit it is or who uses it. I read about this somewhere and heard it talked about after 911.There was some people taken in over something?s they wrote on emails and it had nothing to do with anything, it was just talk. You are being looked at, just one more right we are loosing. I read that in a park out side mind you there is no smoking in the park at anytime, the thing about this is they said its for fire control, there are grills in the park and you can use the grills, you just cant smoke in the park. This brings up a good thing too, theres no alcohol allowed in most parks, I still find caps off beer that are not very old, does this mean they bring there caps off there bottles to the park and leave the beer at home. Like I said I am sorry if I got upset, I love this hobby and finding places to hunt, well there getting harder to find. Be safe out there and happy hunting.

F

fishercz20

Hey, I like that piece of wood {pic}. If you look closely you can see the Head of a snarling Bear. Anyone else see it?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid we carried out shotguns or .22 rifles in the trunks of our cars so we could go hunting after school. We carried ammo in our pockets all the time. We weren't allowed to bring our guns in to the school though. Loose ammo as such isn't dangerous unless you decide to hit it with a hammer to see if it will go off. Sometimes it will! In spite of our wild west ways I don't recall anyone ever being shot or injured at school. Now days if you find ammo at school you had better start looking for the dude that has the gun it goes in! Gotta' go, my case of 7.62X39 rifle ammo was just delivered by UPS.

S

stoneman

Hey dano91 next--- time you make any cabinet doors you should scan the wood with your md??? 8) 8)

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Ok now I understand the thing about old post's coming to life..I'll be more carefull nxt time
And by the way I found more ammo at the school, only covered 20% of school grounds so far.
And I'm glad that I'm cleaning it up........ End of story pls!!!!!!!!

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
A couple of months ago, I found the business end of a bullet in a childrens play area. I've found several empty shells before but this was the first time I'd found the bullet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread