What's new

Worst Boxes Ever

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, darn near worst. 2 keepers out of 7 boxes of halves. Ouch!

Hope next week turns around. Got out the metal detector and found $5 in clad--better than the 7,000 coin search.

apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Apush

Some silver is better than completely skunked.
Keep hitting those small town banks!

You may be getting your own dumps back if there is not a lot of halves turning over in your area. I know that is what it seemed like to me in my area.

Cheers and HH!
 
apush said:
Well, darn near worst. 2 keepers out of 7 boxes of halves. Ouch!

Hope next week turns around. Got out the metal detector and found $5 in clad--better than the 7,000 coin search.

apush :read2:

Ouch is right !
In the days before I CRH I would MD the numerous parks in Hartford and at the end of the month cash in the clad finds and buy silver eagles. I'd also empty my change jar and buy Eagles with that as well. After a couple of years I ended up with over 100 of them.
HH
Rich
 
Ouch!,,, That hurts more than my foot! BUT...you never know. Nice haul on those little road trips. Sometimes it's best to make the change from boxes to road trips and then back.
Keep searching..The silver is still out there,
rileyboy
 
That's par for the course in the Summer months really unless you get lucky.
 
Apush I will feel sorry for and send pity to you when you get 10 keepers out of 55 boxes and 11 bags like i did earlier this year. :tongue3:
 
dang...that sucks, but just outta curiousity, what were the 2 keepers??? better luck on ur boxes next time, and keep it up!
 
1-90% (Mr. Apush got this one, of course), and 1-40%.

If it was not for the recent road trips, my take so far this month would have really been pitiful.

I am looking forward to December. I think I recall one member mention that finds tend to pick up around the holiday season. In the meantime, I see more metal detecting in my future.


apush :read2:
 
I think someone else had a 12 box skunk the other week. So not the worst ever albeit close. LOL.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom