🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not counting my sept. cruise
waters were rough - i drove up and down east coast trying to get in
i did get in 3 times and got slammed by waves - my health issues with my feet and legs prevent
me from hitting wet sand or dry - i need the water to make me buoyant and take weight off my feet
i can not walk more than 50 yrds at a time on land without taking a rest - i manage to hunt out chest deep
3 times for 3 hrs each - spots were all sanded in - i checked like 12 spots trying to find hard bottom - there was no coral or shells to be found - found very little good or bad
I did find a Coach wallet full of credit cards and license - no cash
I drove to nearest police station and turn it in - funny thing was they didnt want my name or details
wallet was found as you see it - made me think that it was probably stolen - cash was taken and thrown into water - cause who would carry it in water and lose it 3/4 open - also knife was found bout 6ft away from it
could it have been use in robbery ?
image000000 (1).jpg

image000000 (2).jpg

Upvote 10
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they were found chest deep after high tide in waters at the Eden Roc hotel
that was all i found there - found like 20 rusted nails at the Fontainebleau
very disappointing

no2pencil

Nov 15, 2023
Fort Lauderdale FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
PI King underwater hand held
Sorry to hear about your health issues.
Assuming you're talking about Miami, the waves are terrible. We're flooded up here in Fort Lauderdale. There were reported winds of 88mph last night, & the CarrieB actually broke free from the seawall.
I'm hoping to hit the beach this weekend.

fl-airport.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Is that a Gerber knife? Looks like one I have with a seatbelt cutter on the heel and the windshield breaker. Often referred to as a rescue knife.
I’d guess either Gerber or Kershaw.
Good job turning the wallet in to police. Right move to make.👍🏼

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your worst trip out! I hope your health improves soon and things get back to normal for you to have better hunts!
right foot is almost healed - once it is ...doc wants to operate on my left - which means i'll be laid up more - problem is my doctor has had me on restrictive walking - standing for last couple of yrs - i had to retire earlier than i had planned - last May - the restrictive walking has cause me to lose my leg muscles and i have to use canes and walkers - not how i had planned my retirement - i should be hunted every day if i was healthy - usually i would be hunting farm fields right now

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the restrictive walking has cause me to lose my leg muscles and i have to use canes and walkers
After the surgeries are done and recovery time has passed, will you be able to lift the walking restrictions? Muscle lost is easier to regain than muscle you never had to start with. Maybe light at the end of the tunnel?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear Casper, Hopefully time will give you a chances to heal and get back to normal. Retired is great but when you can't do what you love it sure can be frustrating. Prays for you my friend.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Casper, so disappointing when we can't get out there. What happened to your feet? Is it structural, muscular, vascular?
Have you considered incorporating a float tube some how...some way? Just a thought. Get better SOON! THERE IS TREASURE OUT THERE!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago I had a friend who was a diabetic who had feet issues. His big problem, he had little feeling in them.. this lead to him, more or less not taking care of them the way one should. In time it did cost him..

Be Careful...

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I had a friend who was a diabetic who had feet issues. His big problem, he had little feeling in them.. this lead to him, more or less not taking care of them the way one should. In time it did cost him..

Be Careful...
yes - I have neuropathy in my feet - no feeling at all- you can hit me with a 2 by 4 and wont feel a thing - its a good and a bad thing,
now i have neuropathy in my hands and its the opposite - my hands hurt 95% of the time
I lose a lot of sleep over it - just got on meds for it few days ago - hoping it helps

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Casper, Hopefully time will give you a chances to heal and get back to normal. Retired is great but when you can't do what you love it sure can be frustrating. Prays for you my friend.
Miss your posts - want to see some gold from you my friend
hope alls well with you - Happy holidays to you and all my friends out there!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Our treks to the beach have been unproductive also....worst I've seen in quite awhile....and I live here so we get out there regularly!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No surprise here... hence why i detect very little these days... every ya-hoo has a detector along with lamer vids of finds which has only fueled the scour to littleness.
Florida in particular is heavy hit by everyone now.
The plus side is ...
Our beaches are cleaner than ever.

Casper... take comfort in knowing you got the chance to enjoy some of the "good ole days" of detecting before it was what it is and is going to be now.
FOR...
Pretty much any and every beach that has been combed and hunted to the extreme.

Still elusive finds will remain.... but the cost to get em is high.... both in time... effort / energy.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our treks to the beach have been unproductive also....worst I've seen in quite awhile....and I live here so we get out there regularly!
i saw a recent vid where a guy was hitting out chest deep in miami area and was killing it
and saw a few other with a few nice golds

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
i saw a recent vid where a guy was hitting out chest deep in miami area and was killing it
and saw a few other with a few nice golds
Good to hear. I don’t go out in the surf anymore… a 75 year old has to know and accept his limitations! 🥴

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
I also MISS your posts and finds. I know its a long shot but if you want to hunt come on down anytime. SANDED conditions are bad here too. Everything seems out of depth at the present time. Fingers crossed it will change over the Winter. If you come down I have a feeling you will be bringing luck our way. We always did good together. I remember some five and six day rings... (EACH) Stay safe and get well soon buddy Miss hunting with you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the misses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread