Worth $2??

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434155315.555030.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434155330.672898.jpg

I saw the hallmark and figured I'd take a chance
Google says its silver plate

But I bought another item for the girlfriend and talked them down $2 on that so its basically free. Lol

May just throw it on eBay. Who knows.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what they sell for however when their silver they will say sterling on them. Sometimes if they're from another country there will be other markings as well but normally they do say Sterling. I normally put them in a pile and then take them to the recycling plant when I get a large stack. I'm sure that's not the best option to do with them but that's what I do. image-2983281104.jpg

Last edited:

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything made by Rogers, if it doesn't say sterling or 925, will be plate. I've handled probably over 1000 miscellaneous Rogers pieces and I've never found one to be sterling. The odds are probably one in a million of finding a Rogers sterling piece. Most of the sterling pieces they made are well over 100 years old and they didn't make very many. If I have plate leftover from a lot, I'll list all of the pieces together in a lot and throw them on ebay. I add priority mail shipping for whatever box they will fit it, start auction at .99, and let it go. I have always made back over what I had into them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver plate over copper. There are many varieties of "Rogers" marks. Here is yours-

(eagle) WM. ROGERS (star)

individual mark of William Rogers used on coin silver spoons (Hartford, CT, 1825-1841). From 1878 to 1893 the mark was used in silverplate flatware by Simpson, Hall, Miller & Co under permission of William Rogers Jr. This mark continued to be used until 1976 in silverplated flatware and from 1938 to 1976 in hollowware

http://www.silvercollection.it/ROGERSSILVERMANUFACTURERS.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread