What's new

Would cleaning this help?

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEW ORLEANS LA ZIEGLER SALOON 106-114 ROYAL ST EW PETERS PROP 10 CIRCA 1894 R-10
9645c7680d7328e1f71e41af3ced45b9.jpg
650bd54fc832827567b8eb93556bab11.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Congratualtions on the cool token! :occasion14:

IMHO, I would not clean (by chemical, electrical or mechanical) any old coin, especially if copper (a lesson learned many years ago). Now my silver coin finds, I use only water without rubbing.

I have soaked LC's and KG coppers in mineral oil to help remove some of the crud, since fertilized farms are not kind to copper coins.

GL & HH
 
Last edited:
not sure on cleaning , but refocusing should help :thumbsup:
 
Congratualtions on the cool token! :occasion14:

IMHO, I would not clean (by chemical, electrical or mechanical) any old coin, especially if copper (a lesson learned many years ago). Now my silver coin finds, I use only water without rubbing.

I have soaked LC's and KG coppers in mineral oil to help remove some of the crud, since fertilized farms are not kind to copper coins.

GL & HH

It's made of nickel and copper


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ask Idahotokens if it would hurt the value by cleaning it and he might also want to catalog it.
 
Truth--it depends on what you want to do with the token. If you want to sell it, don't. Let the new owner decide. If you want to keep it, you might want to help it a bit. Don't do anything drastic, but if the crud on it is organic, soak it in acetone for a bit then brush it off. If it is stubborn, soak it in olive oil for a few weeks then toothbrush it off. Do see if you can post in-focus, straight-on, close-up pics on tokencatalog.com. Most tokens like this are made of brass.
John in the Great 208
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom