What's new

Would the World Unite Against a Hostile Alien Invasion?

Dano Sverige said:
We could have weeks of entertaining arguments on this subject! :headbang:

I don't want to see weeks of entertaining arguments, I want to work for them and have them give me a few weeks and argue over my entertaining :laughing7:
 
Dano Sverige said:
The tribe in Borneo or wherever, who'd never seen a white man before, but knew the planet Pluto was where it is years before it was discovered!

Do you mean the Dogon? http://www.unmuseum.org/siriusb.htm (this fits in with a lot of other myths, like Sumerian).
 
remember the twlight zone --"how to serve mankind"-- lol

no more war allowed * (can not allow our food to kill its self off)--lots of food for all to eat *--( gotta fatten up the stock)
 
Dano Sverige said:
I have no doubt that aliens have been here before now. I'm no Von Daniken,but the truth is if you look at just some of the things around it's hard NOT to believe!
The Nasca lines..which are ancient and can only be truly observed from the air!

Dano, of course we know you are no Von Daniken :laughing7: Reason being I sent that punk Daniken a letter decades ago debunking his theory... I am surprised he never answered me though :icon_scratch:

They didn't have to be flying to see the lines.... these guys had some really long ladders :laughing7:

That's right :icon_thumleft: Trace evidence of these ladders were strewn along the plains, but few paid any attention until I came along.... :tongue3:


Beep I loved your story and I plan to make a trip to Mali in the near future. I'll have a sit down with their priests and get to the bottom of this and report back to you soon...
 
Probably Beep..i may be getting my tribes and tales mixed up. Sure there was one about Pluto though..no matter. Dogon fits thanks.

I worry about you Spart mate!!! :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • alien-line-up.webp
    alien-line-up.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 245
Hola amigos,
Fun and interesting speculation, great posts so far. I have to agree with those who said we Earthlings could never unite against a common enemy, unless it were so clearly and unmistakably every-man-for-himself (as in billions of invaders spread all over the world) in which case the uniting would be the tough part even if everyone thought it a great idea.

On the other hand, suppose that our theoretical alien invaders approached some humans, and offered them positions of importance in the new govt to be created, and-or wealth, prestige etc if they simply help the invaders win? <presented in the sci-fi cult movie "They Live"> How many people do you think would immediately agree to sell out all of humanity in return for rich rewards? What if you were one of those people the aliens approached, and they offered you and your loved ones immunity, protection and future wealth/power/prestige and all you have to do is help them along - would you sell out? Thank you in advance;
Oroblanco
 
They'll eat the fat ones first. If they tried to eat Woody Allen they'd find out he's bitter.... :D
 
Zephyr said:
They'll eat the fat ones first. If they tried to eat Woody Allen they'd find out he's bitter.... :D

Hmm - a dangerous assumption! Suppose they are health-conscious, and want only lean, fat-free meat; in which case it would be the body-builders and skinny folks first! :o :o :o :tongue3: I would then be safe for quite some time. ;D :D :thumbsup:
 
What was that movie... "I Come In Peace", I think...where the human looking aliens shoot people up with a heroin overdose and then suck all the endorphins and brain chemicals out of their forehead. The "juice" was "the best drug in the known galaxy". The punchline to the movie is:

Alien: But, I come in peace.
Dolf: And you go in pieces. Boom.
 
Oroblanco said:
Hola amigos,

On the other hand, suppose that our theoretical alien invaders approached some humans, and offered them positions of importance in the new govt to be created, and-or wealth, prestige etc if they simply help the invaders win? <presented in the sci-fi cult movie "They Live"> How many people do you think would immediately agree to sell out all of humanity in return for rich rewards? What if you were one of those people the aliens approached, and they offered you and your loved ones immunity, protection and future wealth/power/prestige and all you have to do is help them along - would you sell out? Thank you in advance;
Oroblanco

I think I am qualified to answer this as follows:

1- According to the Nommos my Rosetta Stone DVD for their language will arrive on Tuesday. They didn't want to pay extra for Fed Ex to deliver it tomorrow. So yes, I will learn their language and work with them. As head of the entertainment department I do hope to get access to other areas at a later date. More on that later....

2- The question is pose is an interesting one. IMO human on a whole will look to survive, by rook, or crook, it's only basic human instinct. As I see it, you can divide all the people in the world into 4 groups.
a) Those that just submit and go to the slaughter like lambs.
b) Those that will fight and die as free men
c) Those that will work with the invading force.

and the aforementioned later part.... :tongue3:
d) Those that will work with the invading force to a degree, but work much like the underground of WWII

I was hoping to get rubber stamped though this, but if the Nommos read this post, I'll be back to square one :laughing7:
 
Too late. You've been targeted for termination by the Nommos from the future. It appears that you were too successful and ended up as president of the galactic counsel...they hate you now...you're hogging all the Orion women. :P
 

Attachments

  • Orion_slave_girls.webp
    Orion_slave_girls.webp
    17 KB · Views: 208
If that did ever happen, don't worry all the countries world wide would look to us to defeat them while they do nothing. Don't you know that is a common thing we here in the U.S. have been dealing with for decades since WW1?
 
Oh now here's a thread that is flattering to TN. :laughing9:

I'm sure y'all read the "Zombie Survival Guide?" The guy wrote a sequel. I know this because The Kid is bugging me for it.
 
TheHarleyMan2 said:
If that did ever happen, don't worry all the countries world wide would look to us to defeat them while they do nothing. Don't you know that is a common thing we here in the U.S. have been dealing with for decades since WW1?

Ah huh.We all left the trenches in WW1 because you'd arrived to save the day right? We all stayed home in England drinking tea while you stormed Africa,Italy and France, saving the day again..right? So it'd be only natural for us to leave everything to you as you say because we all know only the USA can deal with these things, it may cost you a few thousand more lives than it would anyone else..but you're the specialists right? So why whine?

For someone who claims to read so much about WW history...you spout some total bollocks sometimes mate!
 
So in conclusion. As you can see by the way we all get along so well in here.... We're all dead meat :laughing9:

On to the next topic.... Up.. up.. and away :headbang:
 
How many of you have seen the old movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? I believe this is the movie where the saucer lands in Washington and makes contact. We earthlings panic and behave badly. The aliens mean no harm but carry a message of peace or else.

Now that doesn't seem likely but I liked the movie.

OT
 
Old Town said:
How many of you have seen the old movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? I believe this is the movie where the saucer lands in Washington and makes contact. We earthlings panic and behave badly. The aliens mean no harm but carry a message of peace or else.

Now that doesn't seem likely but I liked the movie.

OT

I love that flick, especially for the alien message.

Hm. AFter I hit send I wondered if the "alien" was a metaphor for a messenger from God--an angel? I'd have to see it again.

I refer to 9-11 as "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Not necessarily because of the content of the flick. Hm. Or maybe it is. Yeah, I will rent it and watch it again.
 
I think each country would try to make a deal with the aliens to be on their side against the rest of the world
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom