Would you consider this??

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
My supervisor has inherited a large piece of land and house that dates to the 1800's. He has a problem with me metal detecting it. I have no idea why.

I would like to get together with 3 or 4 other detectorists and offer him $50.00/ea for a weekend hunt. He is really a money guy. There is no guarantee, but just offer it to him.

I forgot to mention, his property touches the Bull Run Battlefield in Manassas.

DM

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DM
I am always interested in a TH hunt. I have a club that would be willing to provide a sum but would like to know more about the property. Our club will normally send one person out to do a prelimiary search to see if it will produce and then offer a lump sum of $200 to $300 for the club to search for a weekend. Please provide more details and I will pass it on to our club president. If it looks interesting we would like to have one person to deal with so everything is on the up and up. (legal papers and all that). I myself would rather deal with a smile and handshake but our club may rather play it safe. You can PM me if you like.
Thanks
Dave
'Digger-Dave'
THing4CSA
PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Digginman,
Some of my weekends are tied up, but I would be perfectly willing to throw in a few dollars to join you in a hunt if your boss will agree.

grizzly bare

Jim Johnson

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
he might be the type that doesn't want you "touching" the "holy" battle feild ---if so the more you talk the less he'll like you ---maybe he detects it hisself or has had troulbe with tresspasssing detectorist in the past---the "real" bad type --dig a leave big holes ect,ect finding out if & why he doesn't like detectorist might help ---is it detectors in gen or just you he doesn't like?----Ivan

OP
OP
Digginman

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
He's a good guy. I talked to him today. He doesn't want the money, but will let me in soon. He's been doing alot of work. I told him I would help him and loan him a detector.

DM

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Digginman said:
He's a good guy. I talked to him today. He doesn't want the money, but will let me in soon. He's been doing alot of work. I told him I would help him and loan him a detector.

DM

Thats awesome! Keep us informed on what you dig!

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digginman said:

DM

Good to hear! If you still want a couple more MDers, I'm about 15 minutes drive from the Bull Run battlefield.

DCMatt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
excellent---now just make freinds---never hurts to have a new detecting buddy and the boss no less with "the first" civil war battle feild where two major battles were fought next door to him--- geez ---theres civil war relic hunters that would work night and day for a month "helping" him to get that kind of access---some guys have all the luck. ;D Ivan

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DCMatt said:
Digginman said:

DM

Good to hear! If you still want a couple more MDers, I'm about 15 minutes drive from the Bull Run battlefield.

DCMatt

Same here, let me know if you need some company.

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hey Diggin, I have no prpblem throwin a little money towards it. Let me know if you need another md'er as I am in Lake Ridge. Thanks and good luck!
Pepperpump ;)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Digginman,

You know me....I'm always ready to dig. And since I live here in Manassas, just give me a shout.

Good luck at the beach.
--Mel

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginMan, I'd say someone needs to ask him b/c to pass up a property that borders the Manassas battlefield would be folly!! BIG TIME!!!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey, Sentinel, just out of curiosity......and I figure you probably would know the definitive answer on this.................but is there any legality regarding digging on land that borders/touches a federal battlefield? I mean, could there be a law that restricts you from digging within a certain yardage of federal land? Just wondering. I know when they were talking about building a strip mall on the border of Manassas Battlefield several years ago, there was some yelling and screaming about restrictions. Just wondering....
--Mel

borninok

vhskip

Greenie
Jan 14, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
Detector(s) used
DFX, White's 6000 Di Pro
Word of advice when searching property bordering battlefields. Get a land plat from the owner of the property. Get to know exactly where the border is and how it runs. If the park gets whif of someone hunting on adjacent land, they will be standing by to watch if you step over the border.

Skip

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vhskip said:
Word of advice when searching property bordering battlefields. Get a land plat from the owner of the property. Get to know exactly where the border is and how it runs. If the park gets whif of someone hunting on adjacent land, they will be standing by to watch if you step over the border.

Skip

Word

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Kiros32 said:
vhskip said:

Skip

Word

Word up

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
don't know if it's way too late but I'd give up $50 for it...I've often considered offering to pay people a little bit to let me hunt their land instead of some of the finds.

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Hi Diggin Man,

I hope you have a great time hunting the property with your boss. If you and he decide to allow others to join you on a hunt there, I would also be interested. At Pipsico, I learned that it is a lot more fun to hunt with others and especially with others who know so much about the civil war and related relics.

Please keep us posted on what you find.

Dee

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a short drive away, let me if you want to have a group hunt.

Thx.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions