What's new

Would you count the silver you found in your till part of CRH?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I find silver occasionally at work, I consider it as CRH. I dump a roll of coins into the till and then I trade out all the coins that I want and put my regular ones back in the till, so then it is not off. So far this year i have found 2 silver rosies and then back in december I found a 1964 Silver quarter. I have also found many wheaties too. Many of my former co-workers though laugh at me because I like to search through the coins and put the keepers in my pocket and run out to the car to get money to exchange them. I think its the best way to do it :thumbsup: I am just starting into this whole Coin roll Hunting craze and would like to know if you would count that as CRH?
 
Upvote 0
I would count it. You're getting them for face value out of a roll. =D
 
I count anything that is found and not bought as part of CRHing. The till finds at my video rental part time job, drawer or counting machine finds at my part time credit union job, found on the ground, and anywhere else in the wild.
 
I would count it. There were talks about CRH from church collecting baskets, I think till searches are legit. lol
 
yep i'd count it, i would count anything i get at face
 
Whats found in circulation counts according to what I've read concering the rules.
 
i count them...i have found a 1929 silver quarter and also a 1959 slq....found a 1910 wheat in my till yesterday
 
I'm with the majority here....Any coin you acquire for face is considered a CRH'ing find.
 
LJ said:
I'm with the majority here....Any coin you acquire for face is considered a CRH'ing find.

I have a very slight change to the above statement.

Any coin acquired from circulation for face value, I would consider a CRH find.

If you intentionally bought someone's collection and they sold certain coins to you at face (for any reason), I wouldn't count that as a CRH find.
 
GMan00001 said:
LJ said:
I'm with the majority here....Any coin you acquire for face is considered a CRH'ing find.

I have a very slight change to the above statement.

Any coin acquired from circulation for face value, I would consider a CRH find.

If you intentionally bought someone's collection and they sold certain coins to you at face (for any reason), I wouldn't count that as a CRH find.

Ditto :thumbsup:
 
i thought slq meant silver quarter...guess not? anywho i found two silver quarters and my oldest wheat and all three of my war nicks in my cash till....i have all the other cashiers givin me coins they find now :thumbsup: ...get about 5 wheats a day just from work
 
hellsbells said:
i thought slq meant silver quarter...guess not? anywho i found two silver quarters and my oldest wheat and all three of my war nicks in my cash till....i have all the other cashiers givin me coins they find now :thumbsup: ...get about 5 wheats a day just from work

Nah, SLQ means Standing Liberty Quarter. Here is my one and only SLQ that I found last year MD'ng, its a 1918d (semi key) that I butchered!!!!! :tard: :tard: :tard:
 

Attachments

  • 1918d slq front.webp
    1918d slq front.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 1918d slq back.webp
    1918d slq back.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 160
yea thats what i found in my til....nice find...mines really worn out though... 1929


wow i just took a second look at the one you found...beautiful find except where you butchered it
 
Tf, that SLQ is in awesome shape with great detail. I found one detecting as well in 2007 and the date was worn off. Still a beautiful coin.

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom