would you recommend these books?

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I am looking for some books to do some research and get some info on treasure hunting before my detector comes. I have a few titles I was thinking of getting so please tell me what you think.

A Guide to Treasure in Pennsylvania

Buried Treasures You Can Find

Ghost Town Treasures

The New Successful Coin Hunting

The Urban Treasure Hunter

Treasure Caches Can Be Found

Please let me know what you think of the ones you have read.

mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A guide To Treasure In PA" , Very Good Book. one that Lists Other Sites is "United States Treasure Atlas Volume 8 by Thomas P Terry."? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The other ones I have Not read. the 2 mentiond have County by County Listings.? "A Guide To Treasure" Has More Details then the U.S. Treasure Atlas on Caches, but, the "U.S. Atlas" lists more details On Ghost Towns. In My Opinion They go Together like COMPANIONS.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
There are some good leads in the US Treasure Atlas! You need to follow up at a good Library. Look in the old county histories. The Carnegie Library in Pgh. has a huge selection. I spend a lot of time there on follow ups.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
When treasure hunting the more you research the better your chances of finding treasure. So i say read everything even if its only to dismiss it as false. Good luck

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i own the book buried treasures you can find. good book tons of sites to search. i havent been able to use mine though becaus ei bought it before my detector and i lost the book :D,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread