Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'lll keep this short, because its really nothing big. But I thought I would share my experiance yesterday.

I decided to cancel detecting to watch some trial on TV my wife and I have been following.

So i went by my local bank and picked up a 25 dollar box of cents....figure I would pull a good handful of Wheats...and Maybe something like an IH

Well took me about 30 minutes to go thru them, and I only Found 3 Wheaties...i normally find AT LEAST 12-15...and about 90 percent of them were Zincs.

This by far was my worst box EVER:icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
hang in there homie, boxes of cents have had more than my daily nutritional value (%) of zinc. i once got all 2012p cents, so you should be lucky you did not get the worse box of all time. look at the bright side, you coulda got shorted.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to spark the penny/cent civil war..... it must not have been a brinks box because they give out boxes of pennies. What was it loomis?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, those happen every now and then. My worst is no wheats, 3 copper cents. in the entire box, 3!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hang in there homie, boxes of cents have had more than my daily nutritional value (%) of zinc. i once got all 2012p cents, so you should be lucky you did not get the worse box of all time. look at the bright side, you coulda got shorted.

solid boxes don't really count as a skunky box, they just are what they are

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually average 3-4 per box. My all time best box had only 8, and I have skunked on wheats a few times. Slim pickins around here. I would love to buy a Ryedale, but just can't justify it with those results.

mike1215

Mar 5, 2013
shenandoah pa
Detector(s) used
its a cheap one. Cabelas Bounty Hunter/Treasure Hunter.I love it! I bought one for my son and love it so much i went and got the same one and found a lot of stuff in only a little over a year of using
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being new to this.........um.......IM LOST! what are you guys talking about?

mike1215

Mar 5, 2013
shenandoah pa
Detector(s) used
its a cheap one. Cabelas Bounty Hunter/Treasure Hunter.I love it! I bought one for my son and love it so much i went and got the same one and found a lot of stuff in only a little over a year of using
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and how do i go about doing this?

mike1215

Mar 5, 2013
shenandoah pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike! we be talking about them wheat cents.

Ok but u say u go to the bank and get them? I never heard of this. Sorry

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to spark the penny/cent civil war..... it must not have been a brinks box because they give out boxes of pennies. What was it loomis?

haha..I didnt even see that post until after I wrote this out. I will admit , I always called them pennies, but about 3 years ago, I caught so much hell on this Site for it, I just changed to apease everyone.

Its all just Money to me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread