What's new

Wow a silver quarter

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Not that it's all that interesting, but I finally found my first actual silver quarter from a roll find today. This is my third this year but the first (1953) came from the top of a coin counter bin and the second (1941) I was oddly enough handed in change. I decided to try my luck today and it paid off. I got 9 rolls of quarters and found a 1945 in the 3rd roll, as well as a 1974 Canadian and a 1992 Great Britain 10 pence in the rest of the rolls. Sorry no pics...but we all know what a 1945 quarter looks like.
 
Upvote 0
nice. i love finding silver quarters. i very rarely search rolls cause i seem to find as many or more in change anyway. how great would it be to find a solid roll of siver quarters.
 
rydiggaahh said:
nice. i love finding silver quarters. i very rarely search rolls cause i seem to find as many or more in change anyway. how great would it be to find a solid roll of siver quarters.

Been there done that! January 2006 1 full roll silver quarters, mostly worn SLQs, but some readable date SLQs and about 10 silver Washingtons. My best quarter pickup yet.
 
rydiggaahh said:
nice. i love finding silver quarters. i very rarely search rolls cause i seem to find as many or more in change anyway. how great would it be to find a solid roll of siver quarters.

It's Awsome

Mojo
 
I'm 'coinfused' here. how do you find a whole roll of silver quarters if this '45 you snagged was your first roll find?
 
theeteetotaler said:
I'm 'coinfused' here. how do you find a whole roll of silver quarters if this '45 you snagged was your first roll find?

It's my first silver quarter from a roll in 2008. My third overall silver quarter in 2008. The entire roll was in 2006 and in 2007 i think I had 3 silver quarters.
 
Is there an average for boxes searched/quarters found? I'm guessing 1 per box?

AMC
 
My average is a lot lower than that, it's more like 1 silver quarter out of 4 or 5 boxes of quarters. That's why I don't usually search them.
 
Great going on the '45. As they are the hardest denomination to find silver in (except maybe pennies) I think they are the most thrilling.

AMC, I've searched 302,820 quarters and found 50 silver ones (52 if counting Canadian), that's 1 per 6,056.40, or 1 per 3 boxes.

Brian
 
DrDetector said:
rydiggaahh said:
nice. i love finding silver quarters. i very rarely search rolls cause i seem to find as many or more in change anyway. how great would it be to find a solid roll of siver quarters.

Been there done that! January 2006 1 full roll silver quarters, mostly worn SLQs, but some readable date SLQs and about 10 silver Washingtons. My best quarter pickup yet.

I don't recall you mentioning that roll to me! Wow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom