What's new

WOW!!! New politics, you DP rats

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
6,586
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
All you river rats along the Des Plaines, and you know who you are, the Toddler is out. Best to get a feel for the new ownership on some of your favorite hunting sites. This does NOT mean go tear it up while you can. If anything, it means more discretion and public awareness, make sure people stay on your side.

Hopefully all the changes will involve fixing the bazillions that have been spent on family and friends, but not any encroachment on your priveleges, but it only takes a few whiny busy-bodies in white vans to skew everything into a loss, so take care and stay discrete.
 
Do you have any substantive reasoning to think things would change other than the boy prince being ousted? I really don't know how much control the boy prince exerted over these sites anyway other than having his name (or was that his father before him) on everything and everywhere.
 
p2c said:
Do you have any substantive reasoning to think things would change other than the boy prince being ousted? I really don't know how much control the boy prince exerted over these sites anyway other than having his name (or was that his father before him) on everything and everywhere.

Yeah Jon, in two neighboring counties, it only took one new board member to change to close off the same sites. In both of those counties, there was an active effort to paint anyone such as ourselves as a real threat to wildlife and their beloved weeds.

With a new commissioner, I think it's very substantive. Given the apparent lack of FMDAC local clubs to take pro-active steps in either of the other two cases I'd at least think it prudent for those who enjoy hunting these sites to build some kind of relationship with the folks in charge.
 
Tim, I was just thinking about that scenario last week. . . and how fortunate
we all are to have these vast preserve areas to hunt. When you think about the
"big picture", it's a small price to pay to pick up some of that trash & glass along
the way. . . which we all have been doing. If anything, it might help if we can all
pick up an extra can-or-two so when/if we are confronted by that white van, we
can make a present of these finds :wink:.

On a side note, I was passing by two preserves yesterday. . . and the gates
were both closed. I've NEVER seen these closed before ???
 
I went to one of those preserves (Near Chicago Ave...) The gate was closed at 1:30 PM, went around once and it was open, but they were plowing snow, so I found street parking away from it. While I was in the woods, the plowing was going on still. By 2:15 it was open. Perhaps it had to do with the snow? Maybe the late start to plowing was mourning Todd's loss. But anyway, this was just the primary. I guess no one votes R in cook county though. Visited Toni's websight and she talks a lot about preserves here's a distillation:

1) Fire politically appointed managers and hire more front-line workers
2) Greater protection to the natural habitat (not explained--this could mean anything from cracking down on dumping etc to forbidding human access)
3) Monitoring usage and distributing workers and educators and educational programs where appropriate
4) Abolishing the forest preserve police force and policing the parks with cook county Sheriff's office
5) More land acquisition -- this one of all could be good for us.
6) Old polish and young polish guys who pull a lot of silver aren't allowed in the woods.
7) No more shed antler hunting

There were 9 total points, but it was last night I looked at her website and don't remember everything

(BTW if you are slow 6 and 7 were the only ones that really were on her list)
 
Jon, #2 is exactly the problem we encounter everywhere these days. If you're not on a designated trail, you're destroying something. Forever and ever. I wish I could take these people back 15,000 years and show them the number of plants, trees and animals that were here then. Pretty close to zero if you don't count micro-organisms and a relatively few hardy species of animals. A couple thousand feet of ice will do that to an area the size of the distance between here and the arctic circle....

Lacking that time machine I encourage everyone who hunts there to display some level of trash recovery at every opportunity and solicit positive response from the lookie-loos. As Mark suggests, with a benevolent, affable and admirable nature of course. Put on your smiley face and make nice with everyone! Make sure everyone knows you're involved in locating and removing lead and other metals from the grounds.

Keep up the good work everybody!

URghhh, arghhhhh.......
 
And remember not to disturb any dead bodies as they vote in nearly every election in Chicago and Cook County. (Not that any of us would really)
 
p2c said:
I went to one of those preserves (Near Chicago Ave...) The gate was closed at 1:30 PM, went around once and it was open, but they were plowing snow, so I found street parking away from it. While I was in the woods, the plowing was going on still. By 2:15 it was open. Perhaps it had to do with the snow? Maybe the late start to plowing was mourning Todd's loss. But anyway, this was just the primary. I guess no one votes R in cook county though. Visited Toni's websight and she talks a lot about preserves here's a distillation:

1) Fire politically appointed managers and hire more front-line workers
2) Greater protection to the natural habitat (not explained--this could mean anything from cracking down on dumping etc to forbidding human access)
3) Monitoring usage and distributing workers and educators and educational programs where appropriate
4) Abolishing the forest preserve police force and policing the parks with cook county Sheriff's office
5) More land acquisition -- this one of all could be good for us.
6) Old polish and young polish guys who pull a lot of silver aren't allowed in the woods.
7) No more shed antler hunting

There were 9 total points, but it was last night I looked at her website and don't remember everything

(BTW if you are slow 6 and 7 were the only ones that really were on her list)

:crybaby2: ...and I just got done telling D-Dub what a nice kind of a guy you are.
Looks like no pointers on the E-Trac from me. (J/K). I thought that was hilarious when I read it. Hopefully we can get out on a few more hunts together this year than last.
 
Lookn4seated said:
:crybaby2: ...and I just got done telling D-Dub what a nice kind of a guy you are.
Looks like no pointers on the E-Trac from me. (J/K). I thought that was hilarious when I read it. Hopefully we can get out on a few more hunts together this year than last.

-Would love to get out with you a few more times this year... I wonder if you will be as much (probably more) of a bad luck charm than Etrac007 though(J/K L4S -- N/K 007 -- nah J/K as well).
 
5) More land acquisition -- this one of all could be good for us.
6) Old polish and young polish guys who pull a lot of silver aren't allowed in the woods.
7) No more shed antler hunting

There were 9 total points, but it was last night I looked at her website and don't remember everything

(BTW if you are slow 6 and 7 were the only ones that really were on her list)

[/quot //////// How You can writing false statements ? I hate wood hunts , let me exp. to You :My first hunting in 2009( after 4 yearsof no MD in US , because people like You ) , was with Lowbat, He POSTED "" we meet in MY place at 8 am"" , what was nothing wrong with, because He spend His time on resourching, and place was out of city limit . In my point of vive , any open for public area is NOT "" my place "" , other yes! . Specjaly if you need spend time for negotiatings to hunt those places and spend time and casch. That first ttime was wry cool , I like Lowbats knowlegle of region history, we have nice conversation, we leave after +- 3 hr. ( 1 AG posted by Jon ) /// My 2-nd time in woods was with Kimsdad, Dan , when i found pocket spill6 AG . 3hr. ( posted ) ////#-rd tm. I was with Olderactor , Kimsd. and DP. B no AG. 3hr. ///4-th Watercolor , ET007 , just before DB paty -no AG - 45 min ////////// %-th was Gr. hunying DPB invit. 2-hr. 1 AG , and nice conwers. with Lowbat., thanks for sharing You knowlegle , that time ET007 hit ""G"" spot //////// ^-th and last was gr. hunting Ch-go av. 1 AG 3hr. + ////// there is 9 silver from woods against 93 tot. . This is not 10% /////// Most of my AG come from overhunting open to public places and "" my places""/// So You have wrong source of info. and lots of BS. YOU shall be shame for writing this things. Any way , You will have good year, I observe You on my last huntingof the year , and You on good path tofinding good stuff.
 
Hahahaha, Mr. Senior, I'm pretty sure that was a joke. Not serious.


Joe
 
twistidd said:
Hahahaha, Mr. Senior, I'm pretty sure that was a joke. Not serious.///////////// For some kind of joke are apriopr. place , yes??? ( Face to face ) ???????????????


Joe
 
Jon (p2c) will buy you beer hopefully next time out Mr. Senior, you will find out he is a great guy too!

Not as smart, but just as smart-a$$ed! Well, maybe just as smart at least compared to me.

But then again Granny Drzymalski always called me a dumb bosch hoodlum and smacked me in the head if I didn't pay for dinner right away.

Now, to the point, we need to keep our heads together, as from the original intent on the thread I am concerned about the future of md'ing in MY sites, some of which you guys invite me to once in a while!
 
Lowbatts said:
Jon (p2c) will buy you beer hopefully next time out Mr. Senior, you will find out he is a great guy too!

Not as smart, but just as smart-a$$ed! Well, maybe just as smart at least compared to me.

But then again Granny Drzymalski always called me a dumb bosch hoodlum and smacked me in the head if I didn't pay for dinner right away.

Now, to the point, we need to keep our heads together, as from the original intent on the thread I am concerned about the future of md'ing in MY sites, some of which you guys invite me to once in a while!
/////////// No problem , if Jon # 2 use names Jon + walde I will read this for yoke , Polish ??? I thing (in my opinion ) was little unproper , I d't have ANY - NO - for p2c , for You not at all , so nothing change . ////////////
 
Walde,
All apologies for being Rude. I will be more sensitive in the future. I hope that you will forgive me. I intended no harm.
 
p2c said:
Walde,
All apologies for being Rude. I will be more sensitive in the future. I hope that you will forgive me. I intended no harm.
///////////////// No problem , we will hunt , for sure with others, in open parks, I think just after ST.Patrick day ,
 
Good! I'm glad this is settled! :)

Seems I owe you a couple of beers, Walde. I hope to pay you back after a hunt this year! :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom