CRUSADER
Emerald Member
We only now had 3 hours of sunlight left & we moved to a site that Land-Mag had researched & I had spotted on google earth, I remember the day I sent him to the area to field walk pottery & I got an excited call saying his pockets were over flowing. Ever since then, I couldn't wait to try it. I studied aerials again last night & walked quickly into the huge field using large trees as bearing, I stopped short of where I wanted to pick up a pot shard. That was all I needed, on with the machine, & without a lie, second sweap a Roman coin 
We ended up with 44 Bronze Coins, 2 debased Silver.
My first Roman Bell
Roman bronze Pin
I thought the tinned fibula (which looked silver when it popped out the ground) & large one were nice until I dug a stunning Roman enamelled Celtic Horse Rider Brooch with pin - 2nd Century AD (1900 years old)
Much better than the book example 

We ended up with 44 Bronze Coins, 2 debased Silver.

My first Roman Bell

Roman bronze Pin
I thought the tinned fibula (which looked silver when it popped out the ground) & large one were nice until I dug a stunning Roman enamelled Celtic Horse Rider Brooch with pin - 2nd Century AD (1900 years old)
Much better than the book example 
Dad's knee was OK until last week when it went again (not detecting, just going about normal busy). It's weak but will be fine for the season start. He should get an Op done 







