🥇 BANNER !!!WOW - Roman Site No.3 - WOW!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We only now had 3 hours of sunlight left & we moved to a site that Land-Mag had researched & I had spotted on google earth, I remember the day I sent him to the area to field walk pottery & I got an excited call saying his pockets were over flowing. Ever since then, I couldn't wait to try it. I studied aerials again last night & walked quickly into the huge field using large trees as bearing, I stopped short of where I wanted to pick up a pot shard. That was all I needed, on with the machine, & without a lie, second sweap a Roman coin :o

We ended up with 44 Bronze Coins, 2 debased Silver. ;D
My first Roman Bell :)
Roman bronze Pin
I thought the tinned fibula (which looked silver when it popped out the ground) & large one were nice until I dug a stunning Roman enamelled Celtic Horse Rider Brooch with pin - 2nd Century AD (1900 years old) :o :o :o :o :o :o Much better than the book example :read2:

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 4,175
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 4,047
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,997
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 3,991
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 3,987
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,973
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 3,939
  • Celtic Rider.JPG
    Celtic Rider.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 3,949
Upvote 3

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo C

From the land of the Bluenose.....awesome group of finds for sure. That spot is producing. can't wait till my return trip this coming year!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bannered!
Enameled Roman Brooch - Quarter Stater of Tasciovanus Circa 15-10BC - 1777 Gold Half Guinea- 1119 Henry I - Celtic Gold Stater - Roman Sea Monster - Celtic Gold Stater - EDWARD III 1351 - 1352 HALF NOBLE - Denarius of Galba Roman Silver Coin - Julius Caesar Elephant Denarius

That makes;

BANNER # 10! CONGRATULATIONS!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy condition! Fully intact, with a high % of the enamel. I guess you can cross it off your list! :thumbsup:

Azman-1

Oct 4, 2006
Crusader,

Congrats on the latest finds, I am always fascinated by the sheer variety, of common, uncommon, valuable and historically outstanding relics that you unearth seemingly at will.
Seriously though, I do know that a LOT of effort goes into your hunts.
Have you ever posted any thing that shows the bulk of your finds in a display of any sort. Surly you have enough to open a private Museum. I'd love to take a 'virtual' tour of that Museum......If you've ever done anything like this I'd love to see it. If you haven't might you consider doing so??

I know what I'm asking would entail a great effort, but I believe something like that would be of incredible interest to most. And would surly be a value in and of itself.....

Thanks, Azman-1...

P.S. How about a writing a book with stories of your hunts complete with pictures of all your finds!!!......I'd be happy to buy something like that!!!.... :read2: :o

Just a thought...

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Azman-1 said:
Crusader,

Congrats on the latest finds, I am always fascinated by the sheer variety, of common, uncommon, valuable and historically outstanding relics that you unearth seemingly at will.
Seriously though, I do know that a LOT of effort goes into your hunts.
Have you ever posted any thing that shows the bulk of your finds in a display of any sort. Surly you have enough to open a private Museum. I'd love to take a 'virtual' tour of that Museum......If you've ever done anything like this I'd love to see it. If you haven't might you consider doing so??

I know what I'm asking would entail a great effort, but I believe something like that would be of incredible interest to most. And would surly be a value in and of itself.....

Thanks, Azman-1...

P.S. How about a writing a book with stories of your hunts complete with pictures of all your finds!!!......I'd be happy to buy something like that!!!.... :read2: :o

Just a thought...

You not the first to mention this (thanks), as it happened I had a call the other night. Some of my finds maybe on video soon :icon_thumright:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crusader ...CONGRATS! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Banner #10 eh? WOW!

That broach is Amazing! Astounding! Fantastic! If I could just hold it in my hands. wow wow wow.

The Roman coins are interesting for me but hard to see detail. Do you bother cleaning them?

HH Joe

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds. Wish there was that much history in the ground in the US. Your volume of finds and banners are amazing. Well done.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow is right Cru, great find with the brooch! That field is going to bring some nice stuff to the surface for sure. It seems like it has never been searched.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrJoePrime said:
Crusader ...CONGRATS! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Banner #10 eh? WOW!

That broach is Amazing! Astounding! Fantastic! If I could just hold it in my hands. wow wow wow.

The Roman coins are interesting for me but hard to see detail. Do you bother cleaning them?

HH Joe

Most of them are as clean as they will get. I call the scrappies, eaten by modern chemicals.

WOODY50 said:
Wow is right Cru, great find with the brooch! That field is going to bring some nice stuff to the surface for sure. It seems like it has never been searched.

It hasn't been detector before, its hard to get to & near impossible to research.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEET!!!!!!!!

S

stefen

Happened to be channel surfing yesterday and came upon the ending minutes of a beach scene of a young boy and his black horse playing and running along in the surf...

The final scene shows the boy holding a Celtic horse similar to your recent find...

Titled 'Black Stallion' with Kelly Reno and Mickey Rooney...

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
stefen said:
Happened to be channel surfing yesterday and came upon the ending minutes of a beach scene of a young boy and his black horse playing and running along in the surf...

The final scene shows the boy holding a Celtic horse similar to your recent find...

Titled 'Black Stallion' with Kelly Reno and Mickey Rooney...

"Black Stallion" :o What was you looking for Stefen :laughing7:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GLORIOUS ENGLAND!!!! Congrats on all those Coppers! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread