What's new

Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Went on a little road trip to look for whatever I could get on Friday. After 3 hours of searching, I ended up buying about $800 in hand roll dimes. If I couldn't get Halves I bought all the hand rolled Dimes they would sell me. Got around $1000 in Halves but only produced 1-64 and 4-40%'s.

I found these dime rolls (pictured below) in the mix but it appears someone got to them before me and reused them. I was pretty excited when I first saw them. but they were just common clad inside.

The rest of the batch produced though. I found 1 here 1 there, and than this one particular roll was nice. As soon as I opened the end I saw silver. I tilted and let the rest slide out into my hand and 1 by 1 Sliver silver silver....Like one of LJ's half dollar finds. LOL That end of the roll was back to back Silver 38 deep..... with the other end all clad.

Now I got to tell you that was just as exciting as finding a full roll of silver Halves........

I got 45 Rosie's out of that trip, all together. I liked it a lot. ;D

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • dimewrapper.webp
    dimewrapper.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 470
  • sat42608.webp
    sat42608.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Nice score!
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Hey that's awesome! Good going!

What's the date/mint breakdown?

Brian
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Kudos Mojo , got to love it when you hit a roll that is just stacked :) 45 Rosies is a great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Sweet!
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Congrats on taking the chance on all of the dimes, and coming out a winner!! Nice job..HH,Gpurs
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

kestrelia said:
Hey that's awesome! Good going!
What's the date/mint breakdown?
Brian

Her you go Brian

1-46P 1-46S
2-48P
1-49P
1-51D
1-52D 1-52S
1-53D
1-54P
3-56P
2-57P
1-58D
2-59D
2-60D
1-62P 2-62D
1-63P 6-63D
5-64P 10-64D NO DD

Picked up a couple more today

1919 Canadian George
1-60P
1-64P 1-64D

GPURS said:
Congrats on taking the chance on all of the dimes, and coming out a winner!! Nice job..HH,Gpurs

COULDEN'T RESIST THE OPPERTUNITY

Mojo
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

GREAT PULL MOJO!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Wrapper marked Old Coin ......"SILVER"...... Anoter 1953D

Very nice job Mojo!! I love searching dimes! Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom