Wreck outline ID

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm working on a coastal mapping project and we found this while processing data.
(this is not a google earth find)

She's along the mid-Atlantic coast in about 25' of water.

She's about 150' long.

I'm wondering if anyone can add anything by the shape of the hull. The stern for instance. She looks to have been pretty beamy up forward as well, not counting the falling off of the forward starboard side. The port side looks to be in much the original shape.

No, I don't have any idea as to the composition. I'm trying to locate her among known wreck listings.

I looked at this location on published imagery and couldn't see it, doesn't mean it's not on something else tho...

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.20.25 PM.png

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you checked the NOAA AWOIS Wrecks and Obstructions database ?

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check with dive shops in the area, its pretty shallow, so I bet the locals have a good idea.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna go with "Brigantine" by the amount of rigging that appears to have fallen by the boards foward of mid ships. Also the shape of the stern is indicative of a brig but by no means a positive way to id the type of vessel. Almost looks like there is a cross tree in the rigging foward. Brigs were square rigged foward. This is a total guess. Would love to know what others think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread