WS5 Replacement Parts

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning, I wanted to share an experience that I had with obtaining replacement parts for my WS5 headphones. The plastic ring (part # D059) that attaches the earcup pads to the WS5 is prone to breaking; very easily I might add. The engineer who designed the WS5's must have been the same guy who designed the charging clip...

When this happened a year and a half ago Detector Electronics Corp insisted that the part was not user installable which resulted in me having to send the WS5's out for repair. The other day, the plastic ring on my WS5's broke again! This time, I emailed XP directly and informed them that I did not want to have to send the WS5's out for repair as the part is easily breakable, and clearly user serviceable. XP wrote back to me with someone from Detector Electronics Corp CC'd on the email.

I was able to call Detector Electronics Corp directly and place an order for the plastic replacement rings, part # D059, they just arrived today.

IMG_2781.JPG

I'm not sure if there was a policy change with regards to this part, but for $9 plus s&h this lovely piece of plastic can be sent directly to your doorstep. I ordered two so that I'll have an extra on hand.

Both XP and Detector Electronics Corp provided me with an excellent service, and I'm happy to have gotten this issue resolved quickly. If this happens to you, please insist that you will not be sending your WS5's out for repair. You must call Detector Electronics Corp to order the part, it is not listed on their website.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
That is good to know. One is broken on mine as well, although a bigger problem is one earphone does not work any more.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh lovely that is that you got them. Congrats
I was informed earlier this year I had to send mine in also. But..but...but Yup have to send it in-but due to COVID nobody is available. Ok
Call back and the basically the same song.
So I have to call to make a appointment to send in the unit.
Can't upload programs on a Apple
2 Shadows on control screen
Pin pointer unconnected (need to get new version they said)
Big coil won't connect.
Thankful that I made it through the season with painters tape holding the WS5 cup on.
I had the HF coil on all season.

So I can just imagine, probably $100 for postage, and will have to fight with customs for the return without being charged duty on the repair.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had Deus's for over 5 years. I have never broke a charging clip or the plastic on my ws5'ds I did have some other issues with the Deus's Detector Electronics had them to fix for a LONG time buy=t they could not fix them UNLESS they had parts !!!

OP
OP
secondstar

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had Deus's for over 5 years. I have never broke a charging clip or the plastic on my ws5'ds I did have some other issues with the Deus's Detector Electronics had them to fix for a LONG time buy=t they could not fix them UNLESS they had parts !!!

I honestly have no idea why my WS5’s broke twice. I take such good care of my equipment that my detecting buddies actually tease me because my machines are “too clean.” Luck of the draw I guess...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread