What's new

WW 2 poster

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an ugly framed print (I liked the frame) at a garage sale . When I took it apart , this cardboard poster was behind it as a backing . You can see where it was trimmed at the top and bottom . Any info is appreciated .
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20017%20(3).webp
    Picture%20017%20(3).webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 325
Rare piece of history. I do know that the Bund was the American Nazi Party in the 1930s and early 40s. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Shame it was cut down and penciled on, though should still have some value..
 
Upvote 0
Jeez I've been searching for an hour. There must have been a kazillion different war bond posters made. Never saw one like yours. May be kinda rare. Nice find.
Jason
 
Upvote 0
mojjax,
interesting.

Never know what you may find at a
garage sale . :thumbsup:

Good buy. :wink:

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Jeez I've been searching for an hour. There must have been a kazillion different war bond posters made. Never saw one like yours. May be kinda rare. Nice find.
Jason
Yes there was a"KAZILLION"war bond posters...The one posted is not a rare one per say,the image is very common.i have NOT pinpointed this one but based on similar,this one in present con.would most likely sell(and OF COURSE i can be wrong!!!) in the $125.00 to $300.00 range.broad range in price!(condition condition condition)any major auction house(HA,SOTHERBYS,CHRISTIES,ETC.)will have archives the owner of poster can search.
Bottom line...GREAT POSTER&Great way to find it! how exciting is that??? HH ALL!
 
Upvote 0
That pencil mark looks like an autograph. And people don't get autographs from just anyone...

Perhaps a closer look at that is needed.
 
Upvote 0
Kiros32 said:
That pencil mark looks like an autograph. And people don't get autographs from just anyone...

Perhaps a closer look at that is needed.
Well worth looking into!!! didn't really notice that,although HIGHLY unlikely it's AH!!! :icon_study:
 
Upvote 0
It looks like A. Hall to me.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom