What's new

WW1 Collar disc

kurtstuben

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
72
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a solo hunt Saturday morning and was digging clad and pennies so when I got another solid penny hit I was surprised to find this but I didn't know exactly what it was! I texted a pic to Carolina Tom and he replies "nice collar disc", when I got home and researched it I found out it's a WW1 collar disc from 1910 - 1924 (Dating Metallic Insignia: Collar Disks). Unfortunately the post on the back isn't complete.

Since I've only been hunting for a few months, this is my oldest find so far :)

20150516_091906.webp
 
Upvote 14
Kurt I think you're doing excellent for the limited time you have been detecting. Good find. People like Tom and others in your area and on tnet are a valueable resourse. Keep on digging and sharing
 
Thanks tylerbdad! I'm having fun ... one hole at a time ☺
 
Congrats Kurt. Finding and figuring out what stuff is ,is what I like about metal detecting the most.
 
Awesome find Kurt. Start a display case of your military goodies and watch it grow. Sub 8-)
 
Nice find my man. You never know what you will find! Congrats.
 
Nice, I love finding stuff I don't have a clue about and have to research or ask those who do know. Congratulations.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom