Tonys18
Jr. Member
I hope I put this in the correct place as im new to this forum. I live in Hamilton New Zealand and I have been digging up aircraft parts from our back end property since I was 6 years old (now 18 going on 19). The aircraft were: Kittyhawks, Corsairs, Venturas, Hudsons, Harvards and I believe Avengers too. They were used by the RNZAF in the pacific, and after the war they were melted down or destoryed. I also try to clean them up so people can identify them better. I was also in paper for the finds recently: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2828633/Unearthing-pieces-of-NZs-WWII-history . here is a few parts I have found over the years.
Attachments
Upvote
0
.

. Will have to work around it and remove alot of sand. Hope these pic's of it make it identifyble to people. Just got back today after taking photos. the last photo you see is all the other parts I found in the hole I dug (And still counting).
but hay its still a great piece of history and a nice find! All I need now is a plane








