Tonys18
Jr. Member
I hope I put this in the correct place as im new to this forum. I live in Hamilton New Zealand and I have been digging up aircraft parts from our back end property since I was 6 years old (now 18 going on 19). The aircraft were: Kittyhawks, Corsairs, Venturas, Hudsons, Harvards and I believe Avengers too. They were used by the RNZAF in the pacific, and after the war they were melted down or destoryed. I also try to clean them up so people can identify them better. I was also in paper for the finds recently: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2828633/Unearthing-pieces-of-NZs-WWII-history . here is a few parts I have found over the years.
Attachments
Upvote
0
. But still you gotta do with what ya got.

.
. I might take a break from the dump while we figure out how to get rid of the sand thats blocking it after the slip. Its slightly safer now as the sand wont be over my head, it should be upto half the size of me now. I will look at other WW2 spots now. Just need to find: A boat, divers (If we find it all), Those bags that lift heavy objects, a bulldozer, underwater camera to look at the bottom oh and time to do it







