🔎 UNIDENTIFIED WW2 battlefield found

SKY 6

Greenie
Feb 5, 2022
Hello all! I found this thing at a WW2 battlefield, beside it I also found a bunch of German 7.92mm mauser casings. I don't know what is it but from the shape and weight I asume it should to be a some kind of fuse from landmine or aerialbomb? I have no idea. The markings on the cap (picture 2) says F27, on the bottom (picture 3) says J51 and F681 and there are also screw threads in those two small holes. Any advice would be appreciated.
1. IMG_8572[1].JPG 2.IMG_8571[1].JPG 3.IMG_8565[1].JPG

There appears to be a very important marking which you did not mention, clearly visible in one of the wrench-slots. It is the famous "British Broad-Arrow" mark, which denotes the object as being property of His/Her Royal Majesty's government. It is often seen on Colonial-era British cannonballs, and other Military Ordnance, from the Colonial-era through the present day. So, your find is a component from some kind of WW2 British fuze. (I cannot give you a specific ID for it because American civil war explosive ordnance is my specialty-area of Militaria relics, not 20th-Century explosive ordnance.)

Also unfortunately, you failed to tell us the object's size. That is often crucial information for correctly identifying an unknown object. Before you post again, please read and follow the instructions for What-Is-It? identification help requests, given at the very top of this forum's first page.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ITEMS IN "WHAT IS IT?"​

Upvote 5
Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back