What's new

WWI or WWII Finds

Joe88

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
722
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went yesterday and found these items. The wheatie is a 1958-D and the IH is 1908.
The pins were all found within a two foot radius. They do not seem too old, maybe WWI or WWII.
The silver one reads "Voice of Victory". I couldn't find anthing like it on the web. Any ideas?
Thanks for looking

Joe
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4915 (640x427).webp
    IMG_4915 (640x427).webp
    12 KB · Views: 668
Upvote 0
The voice of victory badge may WW2. I recall something about a Army ignal corps unit (portable) called Voice of Victory.
Hope it helps.
 
The insignia of the US Army 24th Signal Battalion, which you can see at http://vector-images.com/image.php?epsid=11810.

Rank insignia of an Army Specialist 4th Class.

Army enlisted collar tab.

Probably all modern era. Looks like someone wanted to forget his service and pitched these. Nice saves and good for your display.

Chuck
 
WOW Joe! Great finds! I really like the U.S. button. We'll have to get out there at some point.

H.H.

Al
 
Chuck In Oregon said:
The insignia of the US Army 24th Signal Battalion, which you can see at http://vector-images.com/image.php?epsid=11810.

Rank insignia of an Army Specialist 4th Class.

Army enlisted collar tab.

Probably all modern era. Looks like someone wanted to forget his service and pitched these. Nice saves and good for your display.

Chuck

I appreciate the information Chuck.
It really helps.
Joe
 
AlFu said:
WOW Joe! Great finds! I really like the U.S. button. We'll have to get out there at some point.

H.H.

Al

Thanks,
I'll let you know when I hunt this area again.

Joe
 
Lafitte Deux said:
The voice of victory badge may WW2. I recall something about a Army ignal corps unit (portable) called Voice of Victory.
Hope it helps.

Thank you. :icon_thumright:

Joe
 
Awesome Finds!!

Great stuff!! :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting

Dan
 
These are modern (post 1980) finds. The condition of the SPC rank shows that it is not that old. it has a product called M-Nu on it that restored the flat black appearance to the insignia. The 24th Signal served in Desert Storm as well as WWI and II. It was inactivated in 1996 at Fort Stewart, GA when 24th ID was reflagged to 3rd ID. I was at that ceremony. The US collar brass is also post WWII.
 
That 1908 IHC isn't an "S" mint is it?!

I've been detecting for almost 20 years now, and I've only dug one 1908-S Indian Head Cent.
 
oddcoins said:
That 1908 IHC isn't an "S" mint is it?!

I've been detecting for almost 20 years now, and I've only dug one 1908-S Indian Head Cent.

Unfortuately there is no mint mark... :(

Thanks for making me check...didn't know it was a rare date. (with the 'S')

Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom