What's new

Wyoming town with 1 resident sold for $900,000

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,802
Reaction score
76,230
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUFORD, Wyo. (AP) — Buford is a small place for sure, but so is the world.
A remote, unincorporated area along busy Interstate 80 that advertised itself as the smallest town in the United States, Buford was sold at auction for $900,000 on Thursday.

The new owner will get a gas station and convenience store, a schoolhouse from 1905, a cabin, a garage, 10 acres, and a three-bedroom home at 8,000 feet altitude — overlooking the trucks and cars on the nearby interstate on one side and the distant snowcapped mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado on the other.
The town traces its origins to the 1860s and the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad. Buford had as many as 2,000 residents before the railroad was rerouted.

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com
 
Just think of all the town offices you could hold title to! :laughing7:
 
That's a pretty good amount. I suspect one could buy Washington D.C. for that much. The main city expense would be the giant rodent extermination bill for the capital buildings.
 
Last edited:
Just think of all the town offices you could hold title to! :laughing7:

Would be cool to have a hat for each office & Change it in front of everyone who needs a different official.
 
That's a pretty good amount. I suspect one could buy Washington D.C. for that much. The main city expense would be the giant rodent extermination bill for the capital buildings.

I don't know is there such a thing as a Dimwit Exterminator
 
bigscoop, you were on the right track, but thinking to small.

I would declare de facto sovereignty, first into a sovereign state, then a sovereign nation :headbang:

I've always wanted the title Grand High Exulted Mystic Ruler :icon_king:
 
bigscoop, you were on the right track, but thinking to small.

I would declare de facto sovereignty, first into a sovereign state, then a sovereign nation :headbang:

I've always wanted the title Grand High Exulted Mystic Ruler :icon_king:

"Spartusville" capital of "Spartania"........:laughing7:
 
Everything is sovereign this or that today. Back years ago I was so fat I should have applied to make my person a sovereign nation.
 
bigscoop, you were on the right track, but thinking to small.

I would declare de facto sovereignty, first into a sovereign state, then a sovereign nation :headbang:

I've always wanted the title Grand High Exulted Mystic Ruler :icon_king:

And your metal detecting, prospecting, artifact collecting laws...are what? Would we be required to have a permit? :laughing7:
 
Crap, I wish I'd known about this. I would have put in a bid. I was thinking this was some sort of joke or something. The buyer got a SUPER deal.

 
my Guess population population will grow now.

and there will be rows of those ugly new homes that all look alike,
and nobody will be aloud to drive a car that is not approved by a Committee
 
Last edited:
The town dates back to the 1860s. If I bought it I would be using a front end loader to start scalping and sifting through every square foot of soil.
 
I wonder what the new owners have in mind for the place?
 
Due to all the attention the media has attracted to this thing the former owner says he's going to do a book about the place. Personally I'd tap into that some way. The opportunities are sky-high with that land.

He mentioned a couple foreigners wanted it along with some from this country. I wonder who ended up getting it. It might end up being the site of a new Mosque :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom