DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure this happens to other detectors, but is it common for old pieces of automobiles and like nuts and bolts and stuff to come out the same # as some coins do. Like when i was out the other day, i'd get a signal that was goin back and forth between one number that usually means junk and another number that is normally a dime or penny so i'd get picky on if i should dig it or not and usually it would turn out to be a scrap piece of metal or nut or bolt.

Dug D

Greenie
Mar 19, 2007
Rochester NY
Detector(s) used
ML 705, ML X-50, Silver U-max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty much normal, if you can get the good number 2-3 times in a row you could have something good in the hole under or around junk. Also your number is based on the metal so if you have anything that is made of copper it will come in high #. I catch 45s all the time for iron but they also come in with -6 or -9.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i usually get 45's and 42s that usually end up bein nothing..but sometimes i'll get a 33 or 36 that has a 21 or 24 or 15 thats in with it so i was confused about it

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby, the jumping around is caused by the halo aroung the object reading high and then low. Usually it is junk, but think about another good target very near the junk. Sometimes this happens and the detector "sees" both as one target yet reports on both numbers. When in doubt, dig. Good to talk to you again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread