X-ray developer silver need help

Contact Mid-States Recycling & Refining in Des Plaines, IL. Their phone number is 847-298-00010. They are a reputable precious metal refiner who have been in business for years. And if they can't take your silver sludge then they will tell you who can but I'm fairly sure they can. You won't have to worry about cleaning it up either. But sure to ask them how to ship it properly and what charges they apply for this kind of material. Regards, Chris Hyder.

Hounddog said:
I work for a hospital and just pulled out a silver recovery tank with a few inches of silver sludge in the bottom. I would like to sell it but who buys this and do I need to clean it up some how? There has to be a few pounds of it in there? Any help would be great.
The material you have is very easy to refine your self.
1. Add Nitric acid to the sludge.
2. When this is completed start adding regular table salt. You will see the silver particles dropping to the bottom of the container.
3. When you add the salt and you see nothing dropping pour off the acid.
4. Now add a little backing sode to kill off any remaining acid.
5. Wash the muddy sludge.
6. Now add regular Karo syrup- YES regular Karo Syrup. Which is pure corn syrup.
5. Stir this until eveything turns black.
6. What you now have is .999 fine silver.
7. Melt into FINE SILVER BARS.
BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN WORKING WITH NITRIC ACID AND ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION.
Odds are there will be no brown fumes because what you are dealing with is almost pure silver anyway.
The acid will be easy to get since you work in a Hospital.
Good luck.
I have done this for years.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back