X-Stream Hybrid pro hand dredge

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried a X-Stream Hybrid PRO HAND DREDGE ? I have watched a ton of video's on these. Being a disabled vet, getting down on my hand and knees is difficult, especially now that I had a knee replaced. Another reason I'm interesting in one of these is I have a great friend who owns a farm with a med. size river running through his land in NC along this gold belt. The river is shallow but has bedrock with vertical cracks running through it. We have already talked about possibly finding some gold in his creek. I see that they make a box that goes onto of a sluice. The video's look pretty interesting but asking for word of mouth is always my first option.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of our forum members, Bejay, has one of the best and least expensive ideas for hand dredging that I have seen on this forum. This quote is a "in a nutshell description" of what he does.

"I have always used a 2 inch shrimp gun. It does not capture and hold material like those you must empty each time. Rather; you suck and shoot the material immediately into a low sided plastic lug (this is submerged and sitting next to where he is sucking up material). Then you simply can pan or sluice what you have accumulated in the lug. The most notable concept is the suction plug; which is a rubber ball on threaded stock compressed between a washer and a nut on each side of the rubber ball. The rubber balls are available as replacement ones if needed...but after many many years, all I have had to do is tighten the bottom nut/washer compressing the ball if the suction plug gets weak. I like the handle set up as well. I can often keep up with a two inch dredge for short spurts till my lug is full."**

Good luck.

*For ideas and plans on how to make your own hand dredge Google "how to make a hand dredge for gold"
**This quote is post #62 from this thread. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...nt-material-3-inch-hand-sucker-will-move.html

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the model of dredge that you asked about. Yes it works well. Better valves than you can get at a hardware store. I am a fan...in the context of it being a special purpose tool.

These tools work best when cleaning cracks between larger cobbles and rocks. They will never keep up with a shovel in a gravel bar.

They are also very helpful when digging in an area of fast current where a shovelful of dirt will disappear into the current as you lift the shovel out of the hole.

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin. That was great info. Iv'e watched hours of build it yourself dredges but living in a small town and having limited supply places, I thing buy one is defiantly the way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread