What's new

X70 Question

SwampHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Will the X70 "see" through trash?

What I mean is if you disriminate out nails and place a coin under the nails, will it "see" the coin?
 
Swamphunter,

It does for me, first time this happened I was using a pocketprobe and it was hitting on what I thought was my target in the hole.

Well it hit a nail that I didn't know was in the hole with my quarter.

It will allow you to discriminate out stuff, unfortunately some good with the bad.

The small coil is sweet for picking out the good stuff in the trash.

I am quite pleased with my 70.


Hope this helps,

Ron
 
No such thing as target see through. Just a myth. If the 70 found a quarter in a hole with a nail, the nail was beside the quarter, not on top of it. The 70 can read a good target close to a bad one. If you raise the disc, and go over a piece of iron with a coin under it, the detector will not sound. It heard the iron, just didn't report it, because you asked it not to. The signal bounced off the iron and back to the detector, certainly not through it. Iron see through is a physical impossibility.
 
fng68 said:
Swamphunter,

It does for me, first time this happened I was using a pocketprobe and it was hitting on what I thought was my target in the hole.

Well it hit a nail that I didn't know was in the hole with my quarter.

It will allow you to discriminate out stuff, unfortunately some good with the bad.

The small coil is sweet for picking out the good stuff in the trash.

I am quite pleased with my 70.


Hope this helps,

Ron
fng68 , Is that lake Erie you have up there?
 
Shenandoah Digger said:
No such thing as target see through. Just a myth. If the 70 found a quarter in a hole with a nail, the nail was beside the quarter, not on top of it. The 70 can read a good target close to a bad one. If you raise the disc, and go over a piece of iron with a coin under it, the detector will not sound. It heard the iron, just didn't report it, because you asked it not to. The signal bounced off the iron and back to the detector, certainly not through it. Iron see through is a physical impossibility.
well then try this little test........take a quarter, lay a rusty nail on TOP of it, now swing your x-70 coil over it, the x-70 WILL indeed pick up the quarter and register a solid 40-42. I tried it and it works.
 
In an air test if the iron and quarter are touching it will respond. If they are an inch apart, no response. How often in the ground do you find them touching? Never.
 
fng68 , Is that lake Erie you have up there?


No Jim, it's a neat pic of sunset at North Pole
 
fng68 said:
fng68 , Is that lake Erie you have up there?


No Jim, it's a neat pic of sunset at North Pole

The real North Pole or the town of North Pole Ak.?? I lived in the town of North Pole for about 1 year, (to D*** cold).
 
The real North Pole or the town of North Pole Ak.?? I lived in the town of North Pole for about 1 year, (to D*** cold).

Real one ,notice the Moon above the setting Sun.That's what I liked about it.

We pass thru your area every year on our way to AZ, beautiful country.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom