pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 9" coil will not charge and the remote will not recognize the coil It will not pair?
It's like the coil just died?
The charging clip on the Deus ll is really too stiff.
At least on mine, I have a difficult time getting the clip opened up enough for the clips to go over the skid plate.
Result of incorrect placement and the solid light for charging won't come on.
If you have lost all the charge, then detector won't recognize it.
Also the contacts on the coil should be clean.

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
The charging clip on the Deus ll is really too stiff.
At least on mine, I have a difficult time getting the clip opened up enough for the clips to go over the skid plate.
Result of incorrect placement and the solid light for charging won't come on.
If you have lost all the charge, then detector won't recognize it.
Also the contacts on the coil should be clean.
I got it to recognize the coil and it's charged thanks to a couple of YouTube video's I'm back in business. Woo-Hoo

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it to recognize the coil and it's charged thanks to a couple of YouTube video's I'm back in business. Woo-Hoo
what do you think the problem was ? Not paired ?

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
what do you think the problem was ? Not paired ?
I was putting the serial number of the actual coil from the setting but that's not what works.
You have to use the six-digit number & letters wrote on the top of the actual coil.
They are not the same.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking that you did not have it paired properly. But it still should have taken a charge

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It would not recognize the coil so it didn't show it was charging maybe it was?
The coil should charge regardless of what the remote is doing, one would think.
I charge the extra coil on the Deus 1 separately when the unit isn't around, so the coil isn't even linked up with the module.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of Deus 2's to show on the controller the coil needs to be paired to the controller. BUT I can charge the coils with out being paired. You just look at the light on the coil till it stays on for about 5 seconds then goes off for about 5 seconds. If you want to run any other tests results on the coils it needs to be paired to the controller. Yes the pairing number you use is on the top inside the coil ears
Hope this helps

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a DEUS II and I have to lift the coil up off the floor to get that clip to make contact with the copper spots, that might help you in the future. My Deus I is not like that, I can just clip it on while the coil is flat on the floor.

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
I have a DEUS II and I have to lift the coil up off the floor to get that clip to make contact with the copper spots, that might help you in the future. My Deus I is not like that, I can just clip it on while the coil is flat on the floor.
You have to recharge the coil with the coil cover on.

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main controller has nothing to do with the coil charging, you only know the coil is charging when the white light comes on once the clip is in place, if the light is just blinking once every second or something then its not charging...
It is when the light turns white for a full second after the clip is connected.

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
The main controller has nothing to do with the coil charging, you only know the coil is charging when the white light comes on once the clip is in place, if the light is just blinking once every second or something then its not charging...
It is when the light turns white for a full second after the clip is connected.
But the RC lets you know it's charging.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To tell if it is charging the white light on top of the coil stays on. When it is charged it will stay on for 5 seconds then off for 5 seconds. Itdoes not have to be paired to charge. There is only one way to put the charging clip on. The wire to the clip has to be pointing to the coil stem. (Center of the coil)

OP
OP
detectorcowboy

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
To tell if it is charging the white light on top of the coil stays on. When it is charged it will stay on for 5 seconds then off for 5 seconds. Itdoes not have to be paired to charge. There is only one way to put the charging clip on. The wire to the clip has to be pointing to the coil stem. (Center of the coil)
Roger That

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is ONLY ONE PROPER way that clip fits the coil take a CLOSE LOOK !!

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread