Xp deus V/S the boat anchor detectors

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP DEUS it's kind of hard to go head to head with these boat anchor detectors!I I have been detecting hard for the last 10 years! My dad was a compass dealer back in the day,I have used many detectors thru my well known wheeling and dealing so I'm not just someone that has a detector to sit in the closet,I go 3to 5 times a week and have have many hours on many machines,I won't bad mouth any of the detector companies,it just seems to me that we finally have a machine that has caught up with the modern technology,between iPads smart phones,and other personal devices,we not only do we have a brilliant detector,that is deep,quick recovery and awesome pinpointing,it only weighs less than 2 lbs,I do think there will be a little more time and practice for the (seasoned detectorist) but the new generation of detectorist this is what their looking for as far as technology,I don't understand how some of the detector companies had a great machine,and their new versions are heavier than they were before,now their coming out with a special harness! Lol and other companies just don't seem to be caught up in the new tecnology,Yes it's not for everyone,but if you like digging good targets our of iron,and want a light detector,then this is the one.i will also add that you can knit pick any detector even the deus,if you find a detector that works good for you that's all that matters,since Deus is new to the USA I just thought I would put my 2 cents worth, it's like this,opinions are like butt holes everyone has one! Just because I am saying this,it doesn't mean That this is for You,just have fun digging,and have fun but most important,respect people's propertIes.

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Ooops! In a nice way Salt, that is not true. You forgot that much of the USA has high magnetite, hematite, ilmenite, kidney ore, specular, oolitic ore, red ocher, chondrodites, octahedrals, taconite, ferrite, maghemite, magnesia, magnetotactic bacteria, geothite, iron oxides, or other Fe derivatives. In fact, I know of one place at the ocean shore in Washington State where even a PI will not work at all, they just howl. This abundance of Fe's plays literal heck with metal detectors which were designed for European soils, much of the Eastern USA soils, and most of the beaches on the east or SE coast, where these Fe's are much less common, or even non-existent. The same goes for Florida and Texas soils and beaches where almost (any) detector is unaffected by the above preponderance of minerals. The XP Deuce, the Detech, Nautilus, Blisstool, Deep Tech, and other detectors designed for lighter soils unfortunately really suck in most places near and to the west of the Rocky Mountains and on to the western shores, literally more than half of the USA. In fact, those detectors are so troubled by (that and our) soil that I would do as well with a cheap Bounty Hunter, or just leaving the thing in the truck and instead start sifting sand pulling a fine-toothed rake. The XP Deuce only gets about 4" around here in most soils on a copper penny, and only on a good day too. In the last 39 years of my detecting on the western USA I've only seen three Minelabs (mine, and two in a pawn shop), zero Nautiluses, and only one of the European detectors, and it was in a pawn shop, cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooops! In a nice way Salt, that is not true. You forgot that much of the USA has high magnetite, hematite, ilmenite, kidney ore, specular, oolitic ore, red ocher, chondrodites, octahedrals, taconite, ferrite, maghemite, magnesia, magnetotactic bacteria, geothite, iron oxides, or other Fe derivatives. In fact, I know of one place at the ocean shore in Washington State were even a PI will not work at all, they just howl. This abundance of Fe's plays literal heck with metal detectors designed for European soils, much of the Eastern USA soils, and most of the beaches on the east or SE coast, where these Fe's are much less common, or even non-existent. The same goes for Florida and Texas soils and beaches where almost (any) detector is unaffected by the above preponderance of minerals. The XP Deuce, the Detech, Nautilus, Blisstool, Deep Tech, and other detectors designed for lighter soils unfortunately really suck in most places near and to the west of the Rocky Mountains and on to the western shores. In fact, those detectors are so troubled by that (our) soil that I would do as well with a cheap Bounty Hunter, or just leaving the thing in the truck and instead start sifting sand pulling a fine-toothed rake. The XP Deuce only gets about 4" around here in most soils on a copper penny, and only on a good day. In the last 39 years of my detecting on the western USA I've only seen three Minelabs (mine, and two in a pawn shop), zero Nautiluses, and only one of the European detectors, and it was in a pawn shop, cheap.

Yes you are right,I think each detector has its place in each region,I have not used a metal detector in that part of the country so I shouldn't say it will be for everyone,I stated an oppion ,just have remember that's why they made chocolate vanilla and strawberry ,we all have different taste,

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread