xp dues

your guess is as good as any.

Deus...
No idea

Deus (Latin pronunciation: [ˈdeːʊs]) is Latin for "god" or "deity". Latin deus and dīvus "divine", are descended from Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, "celestial" or "shining", from the same root as *Dyēus, the reconstructed chief god of the Proto-Indo-European pantheon. Compare Greek Zeus (Ζεύς dzeus; Aeolic Greek Δεύς deus) and Sanskrit देव deva. Latin dies ("day") is considered to have derived from the same PIE root that originated deus. This is to say that a celestial shining body, the Sun, gives material form to the words for "day" in the Romance Languages.

In Classical Latin, deus (feminine dea) was a general noun[1] referring to a deity, while in technical usage a divus or diva was a figure who had become divine, such as a divinized emperor. In Late Latin, Deus came to be used mostly for the Christian God. It was inherited by the Romance languages in French Dieu, Spanish Dios, Portuguese and Galician Deus, Italian Dio, etc, and by the Celtic languages in Welsh Duw and Irish Dia.

Deus (Latin pronunciation: [ˈdeːʊs]) is Latin for "god" or "deity". Latin deus and dīvus "divine", are descended from Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, "celestial" or "shining", from the same root as *Dyēus, the reconstructed chief god of the Proto-Indo-European pantheon. Compare Greek Zeus (Ζεύς dzeus; Aeolic Greek Δεύς deus) and Sanskrit देव deva. Latin dies ("day") is considered to have derived from the same PIE root that originated deus. This is to say that a celestial shining body, the Sun, gives material form to the words for "day" in the Romance Languages.

In Classical Latin, deus (feminine dea) was a general noun[1] referring to a deity, while in technical usage a divus or diva was a figure who had become divine, such as a divinized emperor. In Late Latin, Deus came to be used mostly for the Christian God. It was inherited by the Romance languages in French Dieu, Spanish Dios, Portuguese and Galician Deus, Italian Dio, etc, and by the Celtic languages in Welsh Duw and Irish Dia.

Man,, that quite a bit of information
Not only do I pronounce it wrong, (DEUCE), I never knew that the French manufacturer wants us to think that we're swinging a "God"
lol

Last info I saw somewhere online was late July for V4, it's been a long wait since the original announcement. I'll check on Gary's detecting website to see if there is any updated info.

As noted, no date has been released.... Last word I got was "possibly late summer".

Whenever they post an official release date for v4 you can add one year to it and be pretty close :laughing7:. Good thing is that the current version seems to be working really well for people.

Thanks for the plethora of information. I didn't realize the correlation to the whole deity thing.

When I first discovered the Deus, I thought maybe it was taken from Wolfgang AmaDEUS Mozart.

Drives me crazy when people say it like "deuce" or "day-oos" lol. The "u" is to be pronounced as a schwa sound. Yes, schwa.

It's kinda funny a manufacturer would name their machine "God". Pretty arrogant of them! Didn't stop me from getting one a couple years ago though :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back