Timecop67

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I really like the Orx. Will try coin hunting fields with the Gold Mode as learned on the You Tube Orx School to allow a little slower hunting. 2.5 reactivity seems to be the sweet spot any lower and machine chatters too much.

Pinpointing
Do most of you guys pair the M6 pinpointer to the Deus controller or not? I don't like turning off the pinpointer each dig unless their is a way to forgo that. If not will just Unpair the M6. Guess the M6 turns off after about 5 minutes of inactivity.....but most digs are a couple of minutes apart so it may just stay on most of time.

ri2020

Greenie
Jan 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a new Orx. Have a question about the ground balance. The right side what the machine is reading is not showing any numbers. I barely have two notches for mineralization in my current ground. Is it normal not to show any reading (just a minus sign) or is my controller malfunctioning?

Orx is really good detector, enjoy with it :hello:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I really like the Orx. Will try coin hunting fields with the Gold Mode as learned on the You Tube Orx School to allow a little slower hunting. 2.5 reactivity seems to be the sweet spot any lower and machine chatters too much.

Pinpointing
Do most of you guys pair the M6 pinpointer to the Deus controller or not? I don't like turning off the pinpointer each dig unless their is a way to forgo that. If not will just Unpair the M6. Guess the M6 turns off after about 5 minutes of inactivity.....but most digs are a couple of minutes apart so it may just stay on most of time.

I never leave my pinpointer on between digs (Mi6 or Carrot), otherwise it continuously sounds off when I'm carrying it due to whatever metal is on my person. If you unpair it, then you will realize that pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Timecop67

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orx is really good detector, enjoy with it :hello:

It really excels over my last machine the Treasure Baron. It isn't the silver cherry picker in yards like my Teknetics 8500 was but will be good in those wide open farm areas or school yards. I miss having audio detuning and trigger for pinpointing like on the Fisher F75 but noticed a lot of foreign detectors haven't gone that route.....so just have to rely mostly on the M6. If your searching private land a person has to be quick and accurate because time is usually limited.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a good pinpointing technique without need to change modes. Center the coil with the wiggle and then pull it back to you. When the tone quits the target is right under the logo on the tip of the coil. Very fast and accurate for the DD coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread