What's new

XRF

geowizard

Supporting Vendor
🛒 Supporting Vendor
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
567
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys and Gals,

I noticed quite a few questions and posts on the subject of X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF). This may be a good place to discuss the subject and cover various applications, capabilities and limitations! :hello:

- Geowizard
 
Geo, sorry, the post violates rules, can not post links to sites selling products. You can post info from the source but since site is selling, the links violates rules.
 
Last edited:
I have a question. When will the price of that machine go down enough for the average person to buy one? Electronic items always get cheaper eventually. Is it a patent thing keeping the price high? Will we have to wait 17 yrs before the patent expires? I’d love to have one but $10K is a lot!
 
I have a question. When will the price of that machine go down enough for the average person to buy one? Electronic items always get cheaper eventually. Is it a patent thing keeping the price high? Will we have to wait 17 yrs before the patent expires? I’d love to have one but $10K is a lot!
$10,000 is for a cheap one they can cost up to $100,000 or more for industrial models, all depends on what it is designed and calibrated to detect, there isn't just one that does it all.

The best an average person can do is find an older used one, or rent one, but either way is still costly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom