DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I am wishing you luck. Keep us posted on your great finds....Matt

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
The big brown truck brought my pro coil yesterday and am still waiting for the sealer to dry ( coil cover to coil ) then lookout world ;D. I have some very, very old places to re-do. Wish me luck....NGE (T)
Please give us a review of your experiences with your new coil.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here goes..... I mainly hunt in Iron Mask, Gain set at 10, even in trashy areas. And the first thing I noticed was alot of false signals, until I turned my gain down to an 8. Next, I noticed that all the pulltab and foil signals were sorta lumped together, one continuous hum. But, when a coin signal comes in, the sounds are warbleley (sic). They do register where you would normally see them on your screen. When you get a coin signal, just do the "wiggle" to pinpoint. In fact, I found out that when I do a manual pinpoint, 9 times out of 10, the target is deep enough that I don't hear anything, (maybe because of bad ears and gain reduced). The pinpointing for me is in the center of the coil, huge improvement over the 10.5 factory coil. I rarely use my SunRay X1 probe anymore. Trash seperation is excellent, even more so than the factory 10.5, I hear all signals and yet, can still pinpoint the trash, or the desired item. When the coil was shipped, the total weight of package was one pond, that's cardboard box and all, I don't recall how much the coil weighs, but it is less than the factory 10.5 :thumbsup:. The biggest beef I have is; 6 voids in the coil (holes, openings,) whatever you want to call them. I like having my coil on the grass when swinging, and these empty areas cause a bit of drag. If there is a solid coil cover out there, I do not know it. After 2 hours of swinging, my arm wants to die, so I take a break, then start over again. I am currently exploring alternatives in rectifying the problems of plugging those holes. If you are up to date on reading T-nets "today's Finds" then you will see my results of only two hunts.....Yeah, it's a keeper!.......NGE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the one that Minelab is putting on the Explorer SE's, then calling them SE Pro's. That's the only thing they upgraded on the SE. Oh, I hear, plus they put a couple red lightning bolts somewhere on the outside of the machine to signify that's it's the Pro model. Yes I am getting much better depth. When I was getting 6 to 7 inches depth with the factory 10.5, I am now averaging 8 to 13, 14, 15 inches, depending on how large the object is, and all the other parameters that are associated with depth of detection. I am getting much more sensitivity withoput having to crank my sens. any higher. But the signal sounds have changed somewhat, like I said in my other post. I operate in Iron Mask when in trashy areas, just love all the racket that my machine makes :icon_scratch: But, I do not miss anything when it is mixed in there with the trash. I used to get individual signals for each piece of trash, sorta like a machine-gun staccatto. Now all the trash sounds are blended together into one steady hum. When a good signal comes through (mixed with trash sounds) the cursor goes to the appropriate area on the screen, and the sound warbles. So much better hearing constant hum and having goodies warble. And now, I never switch to pinpoint on the machine as, it pinpoints very well in discriminate. Just do the Minelab " Wiggle "............NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread