Brentallica
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
So I bought a house this summer in Fenton built in 1863. It has been quite a chore getting it ready for winter. When I had time, I would detect the yard and throw the finds in a box hoping for large coppers or Silver before posting (except for the Durant hotel key which I posted when I found it). Despite the fact that a Silver sniffer must have hit it before me, I did manage to find some goodies.......3 Indians (1883, 1890, 1901), 31 Wheat pennies ranging from 1918D to 58D, $4.57 in clad and many relics. Was happy to score a 1935 dog tag. One of the buckles has a Pat date 1866/1870. Two of the latern twists have Pat dates (June 23 1863 and Aug 1 1865). Handle on the spoon reads Armour Extract Beef - Chicago. Money Clip is made by dunhill and is Sterling with an inscription "Ore". The double headed Eagle pendant is Scottish Rite of Free Masonry and has a Latin phrase (Spes mea in Deo est) which stands for "My hope is in God". Dug a ton of nails but only showing the square head ones dug.
Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!!!
Brent
Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!!!
Brent
Attachments
-
DSCN5849.webp89 KB · Views: 146 -
DSCN5851.webp109.2 KB · Views: 147 -
DSCN5854.webp111.6 KB · Views: 144 -
DSCN5840.webp97.8 KB · Views: 128 -
DSCN5841.webp123.5 KB · Views: 133 -
DSCN5848.webp120.2 KB · Views: 130 -
DSCN5846.webp146.9 KB · Views: 123 -
DSCN5844.webp135.7 KB · Views: 142 -
DSCN5843.webp104.7 KB · Views: 141


Looks like that skeleton key needs an apple cider vinegar soak. Good luck on the rest of the yard!







