What's new

Yard Sale Coins

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I was at a yard sale. A guy had a box with the 2 books and a few coins. I could see some Buffalo's, Canadian Nickels from the 20's and wheats so I gave him a buck. Using Cyberan's MO, I asked if he had anymore coins. He brought out another box. For $8 I got some war pennies, V nickels, a silver 1947 $5 Portuguese, wheat's, an Indian penny and a fist full of old foreign coins. Some for me, the books and some of the foreign for my grand- daughter. knowit isn't a CRH haul but I thought I would still share.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_15.webp
    ScreenHunter_15.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 722
  • ScreenHunter_17.webp
    ScreenHunter_17.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 729
  • ScreenHunter_18.webp
    ScreenHunter_18.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0
hey cyberdan..... cool avatar... i used the same picture and changed it to my sons desktop background......should have seen his face... used these before also
mn_ugly_dog_cabar501.webp​
sam_ugliest_dog.webp​
elwoodugly_dog.webp​
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
cyberdan said:
scrounger said:
so many places of business advertising to buy them.the seller can go any day almost anywhere
I have only seen one ad out here offering to buy old gold and silver. They make it sound so EASY and SAFE and they show a couple of unsuspecting people waving checks.

Not once did they even say how much they would pay or that they even paid high prices. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
I looked at a few on line. What a rip. They don't pay squat.
 
TXTim said:
Nice!
Every yard sale I stop at has no coins even when I ask.
They don't even have coins at pawn shops around here. :(

I've checked pawn shops too. They seem to sell them on e-bay; versus selling them from their store.
 
wow around me we have several pawns, trading posts and downright junkshops.all claiming to pay highest.as in highest prices paid.i would say like 6 places in a town of 30k.the biggest jerks are these bigger outfits that rent out a fancy hotel meeting room and take out full page ads in the paper.might even incl tv or radio.then they steal from the old folks who dont know better and think its legit because its at a big name hotel.the smaller guys seem to be at least semi realistic because they are in the community on a continuing basis.these big guys clean up and then leave town quick.ive also noticed they seem to change their names a lot.and then in a couple years they come back to ripoff again
 
scrounger said:
the biggest jerks are these bigger outfits that rent out a fancy hotel meeting room and take out full page ads in the paper.might even incl tv or radio.then they steal from the old folks who dont know better and think its legit because its at a big name hotel.
And I am sure the people are lined up out the door to see them :stop:
 
Silver_Fox said:
scrounger said:
the biggest jerks are these bigger outfits that rent out a fancy hotel meeting room and take out full page ads in the paper.might even incl tv or radio.then they steal from the old folks who dont know better and think its legit because its at a big name hotel.
And I am sure the people are lined up out the door to see them :stop:

They just came thru the Detroit area in the last month and the local TV news did a story on it. and in the story it showed mostly old people lined up. The one guy said he got five hundred bucks for his "OLD COINS"..... Poor Guy.
Not only did the TV news cover it so did the Detroit Free Press in a article. That article and news story ran on a Fri. and those B@$^@9d$ were here all weekend..... Free advertising. Even though they ran a 4 Page ad....... the week leading up too the pillage.
Wonder how they can afford to rent a Hall at the Marriot for the weekend & a 4 page ad.... Hmmmm

In the ad they "Guaranteed Top Prices Paid" It also said 3 up to 10 x face for silver coins....... ? 3 x are you kidding me.

Wow and I was getting 11 to 12 from Kitco recently.

Oh & the news story also mentioned a 10% processing fee. If I remember correctly the news said the merchandice had to be checked against a stolen property list. Hence the processing I guess.

What a crime........ Oh well

And you just know these guys are cherry picking Rare Coins from the unsuspecting. 3 x face..... come on......

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom