What's new

Yard Sale Coins

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I was at a yard sale. A guy had a box with the 2 books and a few coins. I could see some Buffalo's, Canadian Nickels from the 20's and wheats so I gave him a buck. Using Cyberan's MO, I asked if he had anymore coins. He brought out another box. For $8 I got some war pennies, V nickels, a silver 1947 $5 Portuguese, wheat's, an Indian penny and a fist full of old foreign coins. Some for me, the books and some of the foreign for my grand- daughter. knowit isn't a CRH haul but I thought I would still share.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_15.webp
    ScreenHunter_15.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 722
  • ScreenHunter_17.webp
    ScreenHunter_17.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 729
  • ScreenHunter_18.webp
    ScreenHunter_18.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0
And well worth sharing the story too.

Thanks.

CRH brings out the hunter in us, and if we find some at a garage sale, that is ancillary, but definitely related to topic. :-)

Good job. :-)
 
Grats on the YS haul. Haven't had much luck there myself, but nice to see someone hauling in the goodies.

~Dave
 
sweet haul

HH
-GC
 
Nice!
Every yard sale I stop at has no coins even when I ask.
They don't even have coins at pawn shops around here. :(
 
Awesome score S_F!

Plenty of cataloging fun ahead!.
 
tim....same here in pa. also really stinks having to be buzzed into a pawn shop and then be hovered over by a man with a cannon on his hip....dont blame them though. just makes me uncomfortable and pressured.
 
Nice work SF.

I guess I am just going to have to dedicate a Saturday morning and hit yard sales. Between you and CD.....ya'll have my interest peaked! It appears you can get some nice coins at really good prices. Never know until you try right?

Again.....good job!

BTW - The spoon cleaned up really nice. It shines so much I can't get a good picture....lol. Be on the lookout....
 
LJ said:
Nice work SF.

I guess I am just going to have to dedicate a Saturday morning and hit yard sales. Between you and CD.....ya'll have my interest peaked! It appears you can get some nice coins at really good prices. Never know until you try right?

Again.....good job!

BTW - The spoon cleaned up really nice. It shines so much I can't get a good picture....lol. Be on the lookout....
Earlier in the year I turned down some Morgan dollars at a yard sale for $18. Silly me. I am on the lookout, I will let you know.
 
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:
Nice work SF.

I guess I am just going to have to dedicate a Saturday morning and hit yard sales. Between you and CD.....ya'll have my interest peaked! It appears you can get some nice coins at really good prices. Never know until you try right?

Again.....good job!

BTW - The spoon cleaned up really nice. It shines so much I can't get a good picture....lol. Be on the lookout....
Earlier in the year I turned down some Morgan dollars at a yard sale for $18. Silly me. I am on the lookout, I will let you know.


$18 seems a bit steep for Morgans at a garage sale unless they are in great shape. You can pay that much at a coin dealer. A couple of years ago I bought some Morgans and I still cannot sell them for what I paid, and silver was about $10 or so an ounce then. I guess I am stuck with them for a while. Also, watch for Chinese counterfeits of good looking Morgans. They make pretty decent Morgans nowadays.

Jim
 
Good goin Fox. I like the older foreign coins. Might be sellable on feeBay. While you are cruisn around ask about old silver (spoons, forks, junk jewelry) look in all little boxes.
 
Yard sales are looking more inviting.
 
Never know what you'll find...Congrats...A Hunt is Still A Hunt...HH
 
markmopar said:
wildrider said:
Yard sales are looking more inviting.

Yeah, I picked up a sterling necklace last week for 12 bucks. weighs in at about an ounce.
People need money. And I'm there to provide it...as long as it is a deal...I just sold something I bought on Sat. for $1.50 at the same sale on Ebay for $20. Made about $17 after fees. Works for me. And I still have another.
 
coins are almost impossible to find at yd sales.because of so many places of business advertising to buy them.the seller can go any day almost anywhere and come back w cash.u got lucky.good score
 
scrounger said:
so many places of business advertising to buy them.the seller can go any day almost anywhere
I have only seen one ad out here offering to buy old gold and silver. They make it sound so EASY and SAFE and they show a couple of unsuspecting people waving checks.

Not once did they even say how much they would pay or that they even paid high prices. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom