Yard sales are dangerous, I got attacked...

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yard sales are dangerous, I got attacked by a dog no bigger than my shoe. There was a block long yard sale and this little krapper did not want me walking past his house. The owner did nothing to stop him and then yelled at me for trying to play soccer with his mutt.

Got bit on the ankle but the dog (not a puppy) was so short it still bit my shoe. :o

When the owner realized what what the consequences could have been he said "sorry" and quickly disappeared inside.

T

tulecanyon

i was having a yard sale a number of years ago.
had this military issue metal detector for sale...this thing was unissued. had that nice military canvas smell to the case.
a guy shows up with a dobie. the dog walks straight over to the detector sitting peacefully on a tarp, and lifts his leg...
i just happened to be standing in field goal distance from his bottom, and laid into him with the side of my size 8.
dog landed about 10 feet away, mostly from his jumping in terror, not my kick...
his owner then turns on me..." hey that's my dog you just kicked" and start at me with his tattooed bs...
great i say, i'd rather kick your a** than the dogs.

story ends with mr tattoos make you too cool for social behaviors on his knees wiping up his dogs urine.

some things just beg for a combat boot applied in the correct fashion.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
...then I would have done the same with his dog.
Oh, I sure tried. :wink: That little crapper was a lot faster than me, it knew to hit and run even though I saw it coming.

Many years ago same thing happened to me with a German Shepard. I will not let it happen again. While metal detecting a school last year I noticed a dog running across the field right at me. The only thing I had handy was my XLT. Pretty expensive for a baseball bat but I was ready to hit a home run with that yapper. He changed his mind before he got close enough to see stars.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
at a yard sale and I had a little yapper bite me too. reached down to pet him and got a bloody finger for my trouble. i wasnt gonna make a big deal about it. then it comes out he had already bitten someone else earlier. i had stuff i was going to buy from them. i said i think i need an injury discount.they said take what u have for nothing. great. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions