What's new

Year of the French Trade Axe

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,966
Golden Thread
2
Location
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally managed a hunt this month between working on the camp and family time. The day was about trying to get on some new sites and get new permissions…Crossed off a lot of sites and found a few more… The trade axe came out of an area that didn't produce much more than camp lead and surprised me the french were there…Sure glad I decided to grid off the area… This is the 9th trade axe that myself and my detecting buddy had found this year, not including the partials… The only coin I found today was an 1823 half penny token (thistle)…Cannot believe I didn't find one musket ball!! Slim pickins from my standards but sites are harder to come by now and I still love digging those trade axes… thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 2015-09-13.webp
    2015-09-13.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 294
  • thistle token.webp
    thistle token.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 18
Great Axe and other finds, on my bucket list
 
A day without musket balls is still an ok day in my books!
This year I'll find a trade axe for myself, unless you get there first!
 
Congrats on the nice digs and a sweet half penny:occasion14:
 
Another gorgeous axe for your collection. Hehehe :)
 
Nice array of stuff, congrats on the axe and half-penny.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom