Years Of Experience Collecting Native American Artifacts

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 10

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy this has been an enjoyable read.

I've always been interested in NA artifacts but only started when I found my first pottery "growing" out of the dirt from a pool that was dug at the beginning of the rainy season here in Fl. It was about 1998 and the dirt sat exposed to the rain for months after the hole was dug. I was framing the roof and notice long black objects that looked like they were growing out of the dirt. It was about 8 pieces of pottery that grew bigger as the sun crossed the sky and made the shadows longer!
My first point (small symmetrical bird type point) was found while searching with my stepson in Monticello Fl/ Thomasville Ga. line He has found bunches of stuff from walking the fields after plowing them and finally took me on a hunt.
I never realized it has been that long actively searching off and on. But 23 years it is.

Missouri Breaks

Mar 21, 2021
CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first point at what I’m figuring was around 7 give or take, but I had seen numerous pieces of obsidian earlier on, some of which were likely scrapers but since I was fixated on finding an ‘arrowhead’ I didn’t start picking them up until my early teens. All of this transpiring in the mid 70’s, so I’ve been at it for at least 45 years. My grandpa and dad started in the 50’s. Now my son is at it with me and he’s got an eye, making that 4 generations.

Coonhound

Jul 13, 2020
Northern New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first arrowhead in the crawl space underneath my house in SC. I must have been about 12. Found a few more in my high school years. Haven't hunted continuously since then but whenever I'm outside I have one eye on the ground. Now living in New Mexico I am serious about it again. I'm 74 now so, call it 62 years.

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Started when i was in cub scouts and found a back of tomahawk walking to Harper House at Bentonville when i was 8, 49 years ago

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
I found my first pottery in 1992 .. I now have students coming to my house gathering my Indian artifacts and pottery and doing their Masters In Archeology. The students do their reports and I get a copy along with numerous kudos to my collection.. I have become a name that many PHDs know and have become friends with many. This has lead to many detecting opportunities and I really enjoy the opportunity and the relationship I have developed over the years.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Dad took me fishing in 1955 when I was 8 years old then he showed me a plowed field and taught me about arrowheads. I was hooked! 66 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread