What's new

Yes or No?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend gave me this point yesterday. He said he found it many years ago. But, I don't know if it is real or not. What do Y'all think?
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    181.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    204.2 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
It looks real to me:thumbsup: If it is not real it was made by someone that is new at knapping.:laughing7:
 
also....why fake a 5 dollar point?
 
Nice Gift there fyrffytr1 !!!
 
Yes real. And heeeeeere's your clue-- the most widely faked- or reproduced points, are big and bada$$ - making the most uncommon (most valuable)points seem to materialize out of nowhere, common as cookies.- worth the money/time to make and market. That's a field-grade little guy. So now you know. Have a Happy! Yak
 
Your good friend gave you a great gift. I don't know enough about artifacts yet to tell about real or made, but that's a wonderful point. I've read they used small points for hunting and large points for war. I always thought the Indians used salt licks like the early settlers until I read several books where they would burn some type of plant and then pour water over the ashes to make salt. The more research I do on Indians, the more impressed I am with their culture and how anybody could consider them primitive is nuts.
 
Looks real, but looks to be lacking patina... As is the case with over cleaning... If I was making one, I would not stop until it was symmetrical... If I find one, I pop it in my mouth for a spit cleaning only!
 
Thanks Y'all. I'll add it to my collection. That makes four or five this year!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom