Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. We have a few grey squirrels that like to take the bird seed or any that we put out for the chipmunks too. I like watching the little red squirrels too but we donā€™t have any here at the house. I used to pick up any black walnuts that had been missed and leave near their nests when Iā€™d walk the dogs at a nearby park. My wife and I both love watching wildlife.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. We have a few grey squirrels that like to take the bird seed or any that we put out for the chipmunks too. I like watching the little red squirrels too but we donā€™t have any here at the house. I used to pick up any black walnuts that had been missed and leave near their nests when Iā€™d walk the dogs at a nearby park. My wife and I both love watching wildlife.

We are fortunate enough to have several acres. It comes with a nice variety of birds, bunnyā€™s, deer, chippys and such. Great to sit on the deck in the morning and drink coffee while watching the critters do their thing. Little slice of heaven.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cute photos
We live in a forested area, and have the wide range of squirrels red, grey, black, plus the Chipmunks šŸæ.
A few years ago it was the top of the cycle, just overrun by them. Causing lots of problems with us and the neighbors in the area.
One fellow took out 75 just in his garden plot.
We had this Blue Heron do it for us, took 5 in the morning 4 or more in the late afternoon.
Soon it was stalking them through the bush even. Nature has a way of balancing itself out.
DSCN0954.JPG
DSCN0905.JPG

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute photos
We live in a forested area, and have the wide range of squirrels red, grey, black, plus the Chipmunks šŸæ.
A few years ago it was the top of the cycle, just overrun by them. Causing lots of problems with us and the neighbors in the area.
One fellow took out 75 just in his garden plot.
We had this Blue Heron do it for us, took 5 in the morning 4 or more in the late afternoon.
Soon it was stalking them through the bush even. Nature has a way of balancing itself out.
View attachment 2031247 View attachment 2031248

Could you imagineā€¦. Making a sandwich and a 100ā€™ bird snaps you up. Iā€™m thankful for my place in the food chain.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice timing on the Great Blue! I donā€™t think there is much they wonā€™t eat except carrion. If they can catch it, they will eat it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice timing on the Great Blue! I donā€™t think there is much they wonā€™t eat except carrion. If they can catch it, they will eat it.
It never came up around the house, stayed down along the shoreline.
Then it discovered the smorgasbord of Elvins up by the feeder.
The Mrs washed it take one. fly down to the bay and it would hold under water.
I have seen on this one Blue Heron it might of been shot as the scar mark is on both sides.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait til one gets up in your truck in the ventilation system and dies in the blower fan. You will start a campaign to rid them from the face of the earth. Haha! Happened to me. However, if you feed them they may stay away from your vehicle, so fine with me if you feed them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread