What's new

Yesterday found two firsts

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
No pics because I am at work but yesterdays dime hunt produce a couple first for me while CRHing. (1) 1944 merc and a clad 2001 balboa. I know the balboa is not a big deal but it is my first. Now I just need to find a silver one.

Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
Awesome!!!! Last week I found my 1st dime size Balboa and a Merc is always a treat!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Congrats, I am in the 1 Mercury Dime club as well.

HH,
Karl
 
Nice finds! i have yet to find a merc with CRHing! congrats best of luck and HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
golden silver said:
No pics because I am at work but yesterdays dime hunt produce a couple first for me while CRHing. (1) 1944 merc and a clad 2001 balboa. I know the balboa is not a big deal but it is my first. Now I just need to find a silver one.

Golden Silver

Kudos on the Merc.

As you were searching dimes, I'm assuming you also found a 1/10 Balboa; versus a 1 Balboa coin.

Panamanian currency, pegged from an exchange standpoint exactly to the US dollar, has their coins the same size as ours too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panamanian_balboa

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/Panama.php
 
ahhhhh.....a vasco nunez de balboa! congrats. those are pretty nice looking coins. in all the dimes i've searched i've only found one. and i thanked my lucky stars that it was in really good shape. also found a balboa half dollar in real good condition last year. i putl both of them in those little plastic Harris single coin holders. they look pretty cool....especially after i got finished polishing them! LOL!

dunno wassup this year as i've only found ONE foreign coin (1873 english florin http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,232166.0.html ) so far in the half dollars. dimes seem to be pretty much the same as last year..one silver per box but TONS of foreign. big difference from my crh'ing experiences last year when i was finding ALL kinds of foreign coins.

congrats again and good luck! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom